CoffeeLover2020 Diary

CoffeeLover2020

Hi everyone. WOW! there are so many inspirational diaries in here!
I am on Day 2 of Exante 800 and would like to lose 2st 9lb by June/July time. I know that it’s possible but it’s finding that first bit of will power to spur me on. Any wise words of wisdom greatly accepted?

Day 3:-
I had a sneaky weigh in this morning and things are going in the right direction - good news! I’ll post my weekly weight loss on Sat 4th Jan.
Good things:-
I’m not particularly hungry, I’m drinking 6 pints of water each day which is a lot for me. I have lost weight over the last 2 days. I still feel motivated and am managing to ignore the excess of Christmas food which is still hanging around. I have put a box of chocolates which I received for Christmas away in a drawer and have decided that I will allow myself to have 1/3 of them (4 chockies) when I have lost my first stone and so on ☺️. Hopefully it won’t take too long as I don’t want them to go off!
Bad things:-
Another banging headache last night/this morning. Maybe I should try to increase my water intake?
I had a large slice of lean roasted gammon joint with a spoon of cabbage aswell as my 4 exante. I’m not going to dwell on it though because today is a new day and the scales are going in the right direction.

Day 4:-
I weighed again this morning and I’ve lost weight again 😊. I’m sooooo very pleased 😁.
Good things:-
Yesterday I managed to ignore the hunger pangs and loud tummy rumblings in the morning when I went shopping. I bought some nice bits & pieces in the sales for the house as a distraction. Still doing well on water intake although it’s a bit boring now and I could do with maybe a little bit of squash in it.
I had my Exante all ok but all later than I had planned:-
Pack 1; 1.30pm
Pack 2; 5.30pm
Pack 3; 8pm
Pack 4; 9.30pm
I’m saving the ‘sweet’ packs for packs 3 & 4 because of my evening ‘sweet tooth’ cravings and it’s working well for me.
Bad things:-
I had another headache last night but thankfully it was quite mild and it has gone this morning. I’m hoping that the headache phase has now passed.
I had 3 small cubes of curried diced beef last night to taste my cooking, again, I don’t intend to worry about this although it was delicious and I wanted more 😆

Day 5:- Feeling good today although I did have a food/alcohol blip last night. I haven’t weighed as I know that it will have gone up.
Good:-
Water consumption ( had 3 pints of weak squash and 3 pints of tap water).
Had all 4 Exante products and have ordered a load more, I like them all so far. I find the shakes are too sickly sweet and make them up in to a pints worth of shake which taste better to me - also adds to my water intake and makes me feel fuller after each meal.
Bad:-
As it was NY’sE, I went out and ended up eating 3 chicken dippers, 2 veg samosas, a pack of crisps, 2 portions of fruit crumble with cream and drinking 3 pints of fruity cider. Oh well, today is a new day aswell as a Mew Year.

I want to have lost;
1stone by Feb 1st,
1.5 stone by March 1st,
2 stone by April 1st,
2.25 stone by May 1st,
2.5 stone by June 1st,
GOAL by mid June.

Day 6:-
I’m still feeling ok. I stuck to plan all day yesterday. I had a few tummy grumbles throughout the day although I didn’t feel hungry. I’m still drinking as much coffee as I want with just a little bit of semi milk added. I don’t include the coffee in my water intake.
I don’t really have a lot else to say apart from the fact that I’m looking forward to WI on Saturday.
I’ve made myself 11 mini motivational goals for January:-
1. Lose 10% of my target total weight loss - 3.75lb
2. Lose 5lb in the first week.
3. Get my BMI to 31.
4. Lose 20% of my target total weight loss - 7.5lb.
5. To have lost 8lb in 2 weeks.
6. To lose 5% of my starting weight - 9.25lb.
7. To lose 10lb in 3 weeks.
8. To lose 30% of my target total weight loss - 11.25lb.
9. To lose 12lb in 4 weeks.
10. Get my BMI to 30.
11. To lose 1 stone by 1st Feb

Day8:-
Last night (Day 7) I had severe hunger pangs and gave in to eating lots of crisps and 3 satsumas, I also had 2 pints of Coke Zero and a glass of Baileys. I don’t know why I gave in so close to weigh in but what’s done is done. Also, I didn’t drink much water, perhaps this is why I had hunger pangs???
Anyhow, I’ve weighed this morning and I’ve lost 6.25lb 😊.
I have achieved 2 of my January mini goals and now have 3 mini goals for next week.

Yay I found your diary. That's brilliant 6.25lbs for your 1st week weigh in, congratulations :wee:.

Sounds like your Friday was similar to my Saturday although you have been braver by listing the foods that you actually eat, I lost count and just went on a food raid!

You are certainly on track for your ultimate goal weight and bet you will reach if before June at this rate, well done :)

Good luck with your weigh in on Saturday 🤞

Me too 🙂 we can struggle together... stay strong !!!

I'm going to start today though.. I have been waiting on my delivery for ages it seems .... so it arrived yesterday evening . Best of luck x

Hi Mich, I’ve decided to start today - the same as you. I think that I was just trying to delay the inevitable but why??? So here goes! I’ve got everything that I need so there’re no excuses. I’m going to do 4 Exante products and allow myself an additional 100cals of grazing nibbles for the first week. I know that I like to pick at food throughout the day & especially in the evenings so I’ve devised a ‘healthy/damage limitation’ 100cal snack box.

Today, it consists of:
1 Orange
1 Satsuma
1 Beanies flavoured coffee
2 Fruit Teabags
2 Teabags
2 Strong Coffee pods
2 De-caff Coffee pods
1 can Coke Zero
1 Exante Burst
Some semi skimmed milk for the tea
Some no added sugar Coconut Milk for the coffees
A few TicTacs

Hopefully this all equates to about 100 cals ( give or take)

Today will be:
Cinnamon Shake
Red Bean Chilli
Cinnamon Porridge pot
Hot Cross Bun Bar

Hi Mich, I’ve decided to start today - the same as you. I think that I was just trying to delay the inevitable but why??? So here goes! I’ve got everything that I need so there’re no excuses. I’m going to do 4 Exante products and allow myself an additional 100cals of grazing nibbles for the first week. I know that I like to pick at food throughout the day & especially in the evenings so I’ve devised a ‘healthy/damage limitation’ 100cal snack box.

Today, it consists of:
1 Orange
1 Satsuma
1 Beanies flavoured coffee
2 Fruit Teabags
2 Teabags
2 Strong Coffee pods
2 De-caff Coffee pods
1 can Coke Zero
1 Exante Burst
Some semi skimmed milk for the tea
Some no added sugar Coconut Milk for the coffees
A few TicTacs

Hopefully this all equates to about 100 cals ( give or take)

Today will be:
Cinnamon Shake
Red Bean Chilli
Cinnamon Porridge pot
Hot Cross Bun Bar
Wow I'm impressed, your well planned out... that should help you stay on track, I have ordered a box of slender sips and the mock tails haven't received delivery of that yet ... so I'm interested to see will they fill me up on extra hungry days , and curb the craving for some wine at the weekends.... good to have these options ..

Yes starting today means we'll be one day closer to the results so bring it on!!!! 😀

You've got this coffee! I use nutracheck to track my calories and they have the exante products already built in so I can automatically add them also. I write everything in though.

Well, yesterday evening didn’t go to plan for me. I didn’t have the Red Bean Chilli or the Exante Burst but ate 2 wholemeal pittas instead, 1 with Marmite & the other with some Low Fat Cottage Cheese, I then followed that with an Exante Snack shot packet - so this was about 400 cals.

Day 1 calories eaten = 1150
Day 1 calories burned = 2076 (Fitbit)
Day 1 calorie deficit = 926
Not perfectly to plan I know but it’s not a problem either.

Todays nosh is
Red Bean Chilli
Thai Noodle Pot
Eton Mess Shake
White Choc & Orange Bar
100cal snack box (as yesterday)

I had tonnes of water yesterday and feel completely normal this morning.

Yesterday = Failure Day
No need for details but had the munchies, found the munchies & ate the munchies!

Day 2 calories consumed = 2900
Day 2 calories burned = 2314
Day 2 calorie surplus = 586

Weekly progress = 340 cal deficit

Hmmmmm…. I won’t be losing weight if I keep this up! Effort required to pull this back…. It can be done but discipline is key!

Ok, so food today is:
White Choc & Orange Bar
Strawberry & Banana Shake
Chocolate Smoothie Low Sugar
Mushroom Soup
My 100cal snack box

Must burn 2332 calories today to get back on track..

Back