Coffeelovers Under 10lbs To Go

coffeelover

Gold Member
I've been all over the place the last couple of years with diets too many to mention:ashamed0005:

I'm wheat intolerant and Atkins is perfect for me. So please someone kick me if I wander again. ;)

I've done Atkins many times and know the basics, got the book and read the stickys. I done a huge costco shop and a low carb megastore shop w/ wraps etc. I tend to take these to work sometimes so I don't have to explain to all the WW and SW co workers that I'm eating low carb and the pita breads make fab pizzas. but they do tend to make me stall a bit.

I started on OWL 3 weeks ago and lost 4lbs. the first week and 2lbs the second. I have a stone to go, but have had the same stone to lose for 2 years now! I'm fed up to the point that if I don't lose anything or sts, I'm quite happy to continue eating the Atkins way as it's the best food of any plan. I may have to admit that at my age I just could be at my natural weight- is there such a thing?
I'm going to start a diary to make myself accountable so please drop in.

B- coffee w/cream & toast with cheese (I know--my first slice in 3 weeks and my intolerance is letting itself be known- I'm feeling yuck. I won't be doing that again anytime soon

L- Broccoli salad w/bacon, cheese and mayo.

D- chicken thighs with garlic, rosemary, lemon and chicken stock and green beans with mushrooms.

several cups of my new obsession- sleepytime herbal tea (no carbs) Love it!

Last edited:
Hi Shellsmithcat and thanks. It's a bit heavy on the garlic but smells really good. Only problem is I'm finding I'm not hungry a lot on Atkins. Does anyone else have this problem? Should I force myself to eat?

Evening coffee... You'll do it this time! Xx

A new day on Atkins plan:

B- boiled eggs-cheese, tomato & cucumber

L- Son wants to go to the Chinese buffet, I will resist maybe prawns & a salad

D- an Atkins friendly curry.

no wine or nuts this weekend. I'm keeping it pure;)

Morning, welcome back to Atkins and don't force yourself to eat.

Morning CL, so how's it going?

Afternoon Jim and Roosnanny hope your having a good day. Up at 6 am to go to work. Home now and under the duvet.

A carb fest today. Feeling down and sorry for myself, tired, cold etc. still should be under 50 grams for the day not great though. It's probably days like this that had I not had any carbs, i probably would have lost some weight.

B- cottage cheese
B number 2- 2 quorn sausages w/ 1/3 of low carb wrap
L- meat and veg stuffed in to a low carb pita
S- a boots no added sugar belgian chocolate wafter- very yummy but I don't think they're as low carb as an Atkins bar

D- out to dinner at a friend house. She scarfs carbs 3 times a day and is so skinny you can't see her if shes standing sideways so probably more carbs. Hopefully can artfully push them around my plate if there's meat and veg too. Ugh. Back on track tomorrow.

Good morning everyone. A beautiful sunny but very cold day here in Scotland. May even go for a walk.

Lots more carbs than I wanted yesterday, but back on track today. Dinner at a friends last night wasn't too bad, courgette soup and picked at my fish pie- no dessert. Felt a bit weird being the only one not eating
everything on my plate and not having dessert too, but glad for it today.

B- sausages, spinach and mushrooms
L- big salad w/ prawns & homemade blue cheese dressing
D- chicken with steak pepper seasoning it and cauli mash.

Hope you all have a good day. Will catch up with all your diaries later. x

Thanks ladyfelsham. Quite proud of myself. Soup was really gorgeous don't think I've ever had courgette soup before. not too thick. Must get the recipe from her. The other choice was broccoli but I thought the courgette one would be lower carbs.

Back