Coke zero, yes or no??

Frankie84

When I used to do the Cambridge I was allowed coke zero which was one of my only pleasures. Now I've been told it's not allowed anymore, does anyone know why? Or do you still have coke zero and see a weight loss?

i still have it and i break the rules. it is to do with not having conventional food.

What is the difference between Coke Zero and say Pepsi Max or Diet Coke? They are all low calorie coca-cola - are we allowed any?

I bought a box of Coke Zero today - 16 cans in Asda for £4 and thought it could be a treat but if we are not allowed it I will be quite dissapointed.

Can anyone clarify once and for all - thanks xx

The difference between the low cal fizzy colas is that coke zero is the only one that doesn't contain the evil citric acid! Citric acid will pull you out if ketosis :( you can find EVIL CA in all sorts of things so beware!

Coke zero used to be allowed on CWP but officially isn't anymore. Some people find the bubbles make them hungry or just incredibly bloated, some people drink it for a treat and it fills them up with no ill effect. Either way it won't take you out of ketosis, so off the record I'd try it for yourself :)

Thanks for that, I must just treat myself and see how I get on. I never realised there was citric acid in the others but that makes a lot of sense - it's amazing what you can find out on here!

Thanks again x

Alderney said:
Thanks for that, I must just treat myself and see how I get on. I never realised there was citric acid in the others but that makes a lot of sense - it's amazing what you can find out on here!

Thanks again x

Dr pepper zero also has no citric acid :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Whoooo .... think a can of Coke Zero is calling me now! Loooovely!!!

Ps. Had the chocolate shake tonight for my tea with a spoon of coffee in it - yum - another nice change!

emsiem said:
I love Dr pepper and had no idea I could try the zero one fab :)

It's a brilliant change for your mouth, I'm a pepsi max girl n ant have it and I don't like coke so I'm pleased with my little discovery

Didnt check cause it's out of stock but fanta fruit twist zero might be acid free x

So do none of these have citric acid in them then? If you are drinking them and still losing weight I guess not?

I'd better not have them then as I'm on SS but I'll stick to the coke zero - ta for the info x

Alderney said:
I'd better not have them then as I'm on SS but I'll stick to the coke zero - ta for the info x

You will be fine with anything with no citjc acid Like dr pepper zero hun that won't kick u out! X

only the zero products have no citric acid in them.

but not all zero products! zero Sprite has citric acid in it. my hubby bought some thinking the reason i was going for zero over diet was the sugar content, but i checked the ingredients and it has citric acid.

Back