Coke

CambridgeKez

Why is Coke zero allowed & not diet coke? What's the difference? I've read NV & both appear the same? Although some threads say yes to CZ others say no?
I only ask because I'm at some functions so & may have a couple rather than water. Would they be ok? Will in kick me out of ketosis? I don't want to wreck all my hard work. I love water but feel a little embarrassed ordering water in pub.
Thanks in advance x

As far as Im aware coke sero is the only one with no sugar in and as far as I know im not sure you should be having it full stop due to the citric acid content, its like lemons it can knock you out of ketosis x But it all depends I guess how to the letter you want to stick to the diet there are lots who go into the 'grey' areas and seem to have good losses still - I guess its a personal choice x

If im out I tend to have sparkling water it looks like lemonade :)

there is no citric acid in coke zero which is the reason you can have it on CWP, however its not advocated.
on the citric acid debate - there is no evidence currently to support that citirc acid kicks you out of keto, as many people get kicked out of keto after consumming it as people that dont.
that said, if your not already into ketosis, citric acid can slow your body down from entering keto, my advice is to avoid it until your fully in ketosis, and dont go mad on it, the majority of your liquid intake must be water in order not to slow down your losses.
hope that helps :)

I had a cdc few years ago saying that it was ok to have coke zero which head office will say NO.... people were having them and there loses were still ok but people were saying they were starting to get hungry more so .... so i guess its all down to the person as they are the ones doing it ....

Just popped into my CDC's shop. She said the citric acid in diet coke kicks you out although 1 may be ok, several wud def kick out of ketosis. Coke zero ok but causes gaseous stomach wind/ cramps. Like u all say, stick to water, still or sparkling. Thanks everyone. Xx

Back