cold turkey

You can make the start easier by having really low carbs for a few days before.. Good luck!

I've never reduced my carbs before starting exante and I've always been fine :)

I didn't reduce mine, I actually went on a massive pig out for a few days beforehand! I was also fine though and didn't really suffer in the first week apart from the odd mild headache.

Others have said that it helps them though, I think everyone is different.

I too went on a binge before starting the diet, my binge lasted a week though ha ha. I found the first couple of days trying but I coped, you just need to be in the mind set and you will be fine.

I've done both methods - first time I did cold turkey after the blowout couple of days and I was mega hungry for the first 3 days, had headaches, joint aches, dizziness and everything. It did pass once I hit ketosis but was pretty hard for those few days. After I got down to my goal I ate pretty much what I wanted but kept carbs very low and kept the weight off. After Christmas I decided to get another couple of stone off and did Atkins for a couple of weeks but didn't really see much shift on the scales (reckon I was consuming too many calories) so decided to go back on Cambridge. I didn't have a binge this time and was already in ketosis from Atkins, hadn't had any hunger etc as I'd been eating loads and went straight in without any problems. If you have the patience I would definitely recommend it! A week of eating loads but very low carbs then straight into Exante will give you the benefit of ketosis without the hunger etc. You may find you have a few carb cravings etc but nowhere near cold turkey and no hunger :D

Back