coleslaw help?

im going to make some coleslaw to have with my jacket potatoe tonight, im just using carrot, onion and cabbage with some mayo and salt and pepper, anyone use anything different in theirs?? x

celeriac is lovely in coleslaw.

I was going to try the coleslaw with fromage frais not sure what it will be like x

wow, thanks so much for your suggestions, im going to get some celeriac and some fromage frais tomorrow and make a big batch of it, thanks again xx

I made a lovely coleslaw type salad with cabbage, carrot, red onion, peppers and apple with balsamic vinegar and lemon for a dressing. Didn't miss the mayo at all :)

I used Cabbage, Red Onion and carrot with an egg yolk, a tiny drop of white wine vinegar, mustard powder and half quark/half fat free yogurt.

All sounds a bit strange really but it was really good, my OH kept pinching it!!

I think the egg yolk adds to the texture when not using 'proper' mayo. And the vingear (doesn't have to be white wine , i think any will do) gives it a little something :)

Even if you do add mayo i would vote for a bit of mustard (add to taste) and red onions as must have ingredients :D

Hope it goes well, keep us posted xxx

Ive made it quite alot recently, i just use onion carrot cabbage and a bit of lighter than light mayo and its lush! Made a massive bowl and the whole thing was only 4 syns! X

When making the coleslaw do you only use a little bit of mayo? I really don't know how much to use =/ :confused:

Red cabbage. White cabbage. Carrots. Sliced finely/grated. One finely sliced and separated out red onion. One tablespoon fat-free Quark. One tablespoon extra-light mayonnaise. One tablespoon milk. One tablespoon vinegar. Juice of half a lemon. Shake of mustard powder. Shake of celery seed. Salt. Pepper. Mix together. Enjoy.

white cabbage,carrot and red onion , one tablespoon lite mayo(syn) and2/3 tablespoons of natural fat free yoghurt. make this all the time and gets better every time. best to make a small batch and use up quickly as taste much nicer when freshly made.

Back