Coley

chrisb

Hi,

I noticed that you are doing the Moonwalk. I'm ssing and wondering about what do you eat when you are training?

I started my training last Sat (late I know), and walked for over 7 miles and burnt off 860 calories after drinking a shake and a litre of water.

I'm worried that as the miles increase I won't have the energy. I won't have finished losing the weight by the time I undertake the walk in June. I will still be ssing!

Thanks,
Chris. xx

Hey there Chris!!! I be on 1200cals now, so not really a problem for meeeeeee!!!

How on earth aren't you dropping down all shakey and knackered?!! For this sort of event it is stamina you need and sole source just isn't enough.

On The Truth about Food a few weeks back, they had 2 sets of twins do the same triathelon in 2 teams (obviously one set of twins in each) but they changed what they gave them to eat - one group had high protein/low carb and the other had high carb food. The protein/low carb group were knackered and slow and felt awful!! and eventhough they were competing against their twins they couldn't keep up - they were sooooooooooo behind.

I need the carbs to keep me going, I just can't survive on sole source.

Soooooooooooo my advice would be to move up to 1000, that way you get some carbs and you'll still be loosing weight. Ok, no ketosis but when it comes to excersise, ketosis isn't the ideal place to be for fear of doing too much and burning muscle instead of fat.

You doing the Edinburgh one?? I've not had my confirmation back yet.....grr........hope I've got in!!

xx

Hi Nicole,

Many thanks for the advice. I'll have a chat to my cdc on Thursday. I'm only on week six and have lost 25lb, so still got 4st 10lb to go. I need to lose the weight before 14th July (wedding renewal), would the 1000 be much slower than ssing?

I am doing the London moonwalk. Its the first time I've done it, but it took three years of applying to get on it! I've met another couple of ladies who live locally who are also doing the walk for the first time, and they were discussing the programme with the twins.
I hope you get on the walk. Good luck.

Chris. xx

Hey Chris......yeah......unfortunately 1000 is dead slow in comparison to SS, 2ish lbs a week........

Difficult choice....weight loss quicker or training better? fab work with the 25lbs!! thats like almost 5lbs a week!! crazy!! well done you!:D

Let me know what happens tonight!! xx

Hi Nicole,

My cdc suggested 790 or 1000 when I started the longer walks. I went for my walk today and felt awful, heaven knows how I managed to keep up with the other ladies, as they were going at a mean pace. I will definately have to eat something before we meet up again next Sat morning.Not sure what, but something.
Have you heard whether you have got on the moonwalk yet?

Chris. xx

Sounds like your hardcore work has started to take its toll on your body!!!

As I said before, I need the carbs for the energy but I suppose you could try it on 790?

No word on Moonwalk, although its now full so unless my cheque is cashed very soon it looks as if I'm not going!! :cry:

I will keep my fingers crossed for you Nicole. I'm far from an expert but don't think there are carbs on the 790. I will see whats on the 1000, but I wouldn't want to swith to it full time. I have still got 4st 10 lb to lose before my wedding renewal on July 14th. One concellation is that after the moonwalk I would still have 6 weeks left to ss. I have never got the great sense of well being that I see people talking about on here, I am more often than not cold and tired. I've never had so many early nights!

Chris. xx

Back