Colonic and confused! Help please

clairy

This morning was my first weigh in and I was so happy I lost 8lbs. I had a colonic booked tonight I have always had bowel trouble and thought that this would be a good time to start colonics whilst on this diet. However the lady told me I have problems and wants to out me on a diet called candida which is really strict and complete not like this diet. I'm so confussed now I don't know what to do wether to ignore her and carry on with exante or take her advice! I was so happy with this diet now I'm just confussed and worried of putting back on what I just lost:(

Well done on your first weigh in :) . I really don't know what to say about the other diet that you have been recommended... Is it worth talking to your GP? Was she trying to sell supplements, or diet books? I guess what I'm trying to ask was there any motive in her actions? Xxx

A ketogenic diet would surely help massively with candida anyway as it lives on sugar. How did the therapist diagnose the candida? I must say I'd be a little skeptical: as nixib said, did she try to sell any supplements etc? Symptoms usually include cravings for sugary and carby stuff, wine etc and bloating, best cure is to cut out sugar, carbs, alcohol so I'd say carrying on would be the best!

Carry on. Candida diets are low carb and low sugar and whats Exante?

Ummmm.......could it be low carb and low sugar? If you're happy with the diet you are on and are losing weight I'd stay with it.

I'd like to know how she diagnosed the candida tbh.

Definitely stick with exante, if there's candida present it WILL disappear due to lack of sugar - as this is it's survival ingredient. If you're happy with Exante, stick with it. Remember, some people will try and sell sand to the desert! You know what works best for you, why would you upset it? :)

i always thought candida was vaginal ??? or am i getting confused here??? i would defo carry on as you are ..Your quite happey doing the diet ya on and you went there for colonic irrigation i take it... Well done for your weight loss and getting through week one xx

i always thought candida was vaginal ??? or am i getting confused here??? i would defo carry on as you are ..Your quite happey doing the diet ya on and you went there for colonic irrigation i take it... Well done for your weight loss and getting through week one xx

Candida is a yeast infection that can grow anywhere in the body. You're correct that it does most often cause vaginal thrush but lots of other stuff too. It is present in all our bodies but just causes a problem when it gets out of control. Antibiotics and too many carbs are the main culprits in it overgrowing - diabetics often suffer badly due to their higher levels of blood sugar.

Candida is a yeast infection that can grow anywhere in the body. You're correct that it does most often cause vaginal thrush but lots of other stuff too. It is present in all our bodies but just causes a problem when it gets out of control. Antibiotics and too many carbs are the main culprits in it overgrowing - diabetics often suffer badly due to their higher levels of blood sugar.

Thanks for that info huni xxx

Thanks everyone she told me to stay away from exante how bad it was anything with diet in is bad except the diet she wanted to put me on is the candida diet? Lol
Basically no allowed to eat anything with sugar in the ingredient so rules out exante bars and shakes.
Basically I just have all the symptoms of having candida without going into too much detail I haven't been to the loo since last wednesday and this isnt unusual for me. Any way I decided to carry on with this diet I have lost 3lbs this week so far weigh in day is tomorrow x

Have you tried taking psyllium husk? If you buy a big pack of it it's really cheap (I paid about £5 for 500g on ebay). You can get it in Holland and Barrett too. I also don't 'go' much on any vlcd which is pretty normal I think but a good rounded tablespoon in half a glass of water mid morning seems to keep things moving. I wouldn't have it with your pack as all the fibre may impair absorption a bit. It's more a preventative measure so you may need some senna or dulcolax to get things going at first :)

Oh yeah, and water, water, water as is the mantra we all love so much lol ;)

Back