Comfession - daily weigher and now confused!

Ru2thy

Hi all,

Very naughty of me I know but I weigh daily, prob is having dropped massively first few days of diet my weight has stayed same for last 3 days. Even though I've been 100% I shouldn't grumble as even if it doesn't budge tomorrow (official wi day) its still a good loss for the week. However, still feeling a little disheartened it hasn't budged.

Anyway was wondering if any other daily weighers have had the same thing? Thanks

Lol at spelling error in thread title!!

I don't start til tomorrow but did lipotrim last year and I was a daily weigher and I lost 6lb in the first 3 day at 2lb a day then nothing til weigh in say then lost 8lb in total.

I will made my husband take the scales away this time as I became obsessed with it and would stand in them every time I pasted them

That is almost identical to what has happened to me. Thanks cause I just wanted to be reassured it does happen. I did Cambridge before but lost something each morning after I was 100% however only lost 6lb first week whereas this time on s&s first week loss looks like its gonna be 8lb. Guess the moral is - don't weigh daily lol!

Weighing daily is fine if you can shrug off disappointments. If not dont do it :)

Personally I find my weight tends to come off at one end of the week or the other its not an evenly balanced thing. Main thing is the official weigh in result :)

Yeah ur right starlight.
I find weighing daily really helps me stay motivated through the day. And avoid temptation in the evenings when I think about the scales in the morn. So as naughty as it is I will continue. I'm glad the high weight loss at beginning of week and then nothing isn't unheard of, like I said earlier that's not happened to me before but never before lost soo much in first few days.

Drinking the water has a massive effect on the scales

I have always weighed every day i cant stop myself lol mine isnt really budging at the moment i write what i am on a monday that way i always know i have lost weight as it doesnt feel like its working when you weigh every day...i wish i could stop doing it ...if you have a look at peoples losses a lot of them are erratic i knew one lady she used to stay the same for a couple of weeks then have a massive loss in the third ...if you think of the amount of calories you are having there is no way even if the scales go up or stay the same..that you arent losing weight x

I weigh more than I should and always have, I start off by instantly loosing 3lbs then another 1lb a day, then nothing. one time 5lbs fell straight off, then nothing for a few days then suddenly another 4 fell off..!

I had official WI today and only lost 5lbs but I just know another few are going to be off by next week so im not worried.

the only time to worry is if you're not doing the diet right, and if you are, check you're drinking enough water.
If you're doing all that, then it will definitely come off!

i had this happen to on my first week and tends to happen every week all comes off together then i stay the same rest of week.

Hi tinkerbellsmum,

Been a long time, u may not remember but was chatting with u on here a couple years ago when doing Cambridge diet, team sandybums lol!! How long u been doing slim and save?

I've now observed a pattern of same weight for 3 days and then dropping two pounds - very strange this never happened when I was on s&s! Just thought I'd share this strange observation lol!

I was a daily weigher at the start of this but then was forced to miss a day which managed to break the habit so now I only weigh weekly which I think has probably helped me. At the start daily weighing worked well for me though. If I ever had a STS or slight gain on the scales then I just thought that if I stick to this there's no way it can't come off. If I break it will just go back on again.

*Meant to say on Cambridge diet in my last post not s&s* whoops!

I really shouldn't weigh daily it's much better not too and I hope I can break the habit too in a few weeks, but right now it's keeping me motivated as when I do see that lose I'm determined to be good that day and when it's the same I'm determined it won't be tomorrow. So it's keeping me going!!

Really really best not to weigh daily if you can stop yourself... Weight fluctuates so much and it's best not to demoralise yourself if you don't lose anything one morning.... Try and stick to once a week at the same time with maybe just once to check if you have to mid week...

good luck x

I'm a daily weigher and always have been. I did manage one week of not doing it, but then started back up again. I think I do it more out of interest than looking for a drop each time - if I've had a heavy coffee day for example and been a bit short on plain water, what's the effect on the scales etc...over the months I've seen every pattern going, dropping daily, dropping a few pounds on day one of the week and that's it, dropping little or nothing until weigh day - it really does vary.

I have all my water intake as cups of tea maybe one glass of water a day, I've been told it's fine why the big deal about having plain water, as long as you're getting your 2+ liters a day?

Oh yes also I must stop weighing daily I'm one of those that gets disappointed if there is no change in the scales!

I have all my water intake as cups of tea maybe one glass of water a day, I've been told it's fine why the big deal about having plain water, as long as you're getting your 2+ liters a day?

Oh yes also I must stop weighing daily I'm one of those that gets disappointed if there is no change in the scales!

Thanks for that laurie made me feel much better cause I've been stressing about my water intake but I do drink a lot of other fluids such as black tea, coffee and coke zero, so prob doing over 2 litres a day just not in water.

reading beck diet solution book and she says you can weigh in every day if you want, but not more than once a day. Each day helps you make the scales feel less daunting. just more thoughts for the bag

Back