coming back to slimming world

sarahloub1

Gold Member
hiya im returning to slimming world but its been a while. does anyone have any lunch suggestions? I cannot go to a class until Thursday.

Thanks xx

Have you got facilities to make a hot lunch or not?

I tend to take sushi or a salad with meat/chicken/fish with me most days (the aldi smoked salmon fillets are fab for lunchboxes and so tasty you won't need a dressing on your salad), but if I haven't managed to make something I'll get a wholemeal sandwich from the deli counter in the canteen filled with lots of salad and lean meat/chicken, or alternatively a jacket potato with beans or soup

A lot of people make couscous and pasta salads on a regular basis as these are good and filling xx

Have you got facilities to make a hot lunch or not?

I tend to take sushi or a salad with meat/chicken/fish with me most days (the aldi smoked salmon fillets are fab for lunchboxes and so tasty you won't need a dressing on your salad), but if I haven't managed to make something I'll get a wholemeal sandwich from the deli counter in the canteen filled with lots of salad and lean meat/chicken, or alternatively a jacket potato with beans or soup

A lot of people make couscous and pasta salads on a regular basis as these are good and filling xx

no I basically eat what a can take. dunno if I would like cold fish but could try.

I have some cous cous in I can have tomorrow.

What kind of healthy extra b's are there? xx

You could have 2-4 ryvita as a HEB with whatever you'd like on top, or Finn Crisp x 5, or use your 60g wholemeal bread to make a sandwich up in advance and take a yogurt and some fruit to make it a filling meal?

Hiya, I've just come back to SW too last friday (and to minis after an 18ish month hiatus :eek:).

I'm also in a pickle about sorting lunches for work. For the moment I'll probably make extra of my evening meals and take leftovers in for lunch where possible or hit a subway for a salad bowl and top that up with some potatoes, rice or homemade free soup on an EE day :jelous:

Hiya, I've just come back to SW too last friday (and to minis after an 18ish month hiatus :eek:).

I'm also in a pickle about sorting lunches for work. For the moment I'll probably make extra of my evening meals and take leftovers in for lunch where possible or hit a subway for a salad bowl and top that up with some potatoes, rice or homemade free soup on an EE day :jelous:

I think it's hard sometimes thinking of meal ideas. plus I don't have the books to see a list of foods so was after ideas. I have shreddies in can they be a hexb? or how many syns?

lunch ill stick with salad and soups. can you have mackerel? xx

wahoo thanks was just looking thru your diary :) xxx

Yes mackeral is free on red/ee :)

I'm pretty sure plain shreddies are a hexb - probably 30g allowance. I'm in the same boat as you, no new books yet so I'm just searching around or asking other folks on here for stuff I don't know. Until you can get to group I'm sure the odd mistake here and there won't do you any harm - I boogered up on saturday having pork ramen for lunch at wagamama thinking it would be a safe choice but a friend on here informed me it was 35 syns :eek: We learn as we go lol

Yes mackeral is free on red/ee :)

I'm pretty sure plain shreddies are a hexb - probably 30g allowance. I'm in the same boat as you, no new books yet so I'm just searching around or asking other folks on here for stuff I don't know. Until you can get to group I'm sure the odd mistake here and there won't do you any harm - I boogered up on saturday having pork ramen for lunch at wagamama thinking it would be a safe choice but a friend on here informed me it was 35 syns :eek: We learn as we go lol

do you have a diary? x

do you have a diary? x

Yes, the link to it is in my signature :) I started it yonks ago then went off the rails for ages as I was having some problems but I'm hoping to stay this time.

think tomorrow ill have shreddies for breakfast 35g for hexb and skimmed milk cannot remember syns for that? ?

lunch mackerel and cous cous salad.

dinner. gammon egg and sweet potato with veg. on ee can you have sweetcorn? x

snd I'll have banana and strawberries. im not a yoghurt person really but I like muller yogs are they still free? x

think tomorrow ill have shreddies for breakfast 35g for hexb and skimmed milk cannot remember syns for that? ?

lunch mackerel and cous cous salad.

dinner. gammon egg and sweet potato with veg. on ee can you have sweetcorn? x

You can use your healthy A choice for the milk or it's 6 syns for the same amount - I'm not 100% on that.

I've been having some cereals with a mullerlight instead 'cause I like to save my hexa for a milky coffee in the evening or cheese with a meal. Though yogurt probably won't work with shreddies lol
Yep sweetcorn is fine on EE/green - you need to make sure you're having some superfree veg with your meals though on EE, and maybe stick a banana on your cereal or have another piece of fruit with it too.

Mullerlights I think they're all synfree apart from the cheesecake ones and the one with a cherry fruit layer - tbh I cheat and count them all as free hehe.

ohh yea I forgot about my hex a :) x

One of my fave lunches is...

Batchelors savoury rice mixed with chopped new potatoes, hard boiled egg, ham, loads of salad, topped with HEA of cheese and abit of salad cream. xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

One of my fave lunches is...

Batchelors savoury rice mixed with chopped new potatoes, hard boiled egg, ham, loads of salad, topped with HEA of cheese and abit of salad cream. xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

mmmmmm sounds absolutely lush . that's noted haha xx

Back