Coming back (yet again...)

losingit

Silver Member
I'm an on off visitor to this forum it seems now for quite some time :). Returning yet again...

OK, the last time i took a break i ended up piling ALL the weight back on plus some more. This time i'm very pleased to say that i actually did lose some weight even when not strictly dieting! Really pleased with myself for keeping my weight in check, and a great big kick in the teeth for everyone who kept telling me that when i stopped Atkins i'd end up putting it all back on because it was all "water weight" i'd lost.

So.... my start weight on Atkins was more than 19 stone. When i stopped doing Atkins 6 months ago my weight had got down to 16 stone 12. Now i'm starting again soon at 16 stone 7.

Something interesting i noticed was that even after 6 months "off" the diet, i haven't gone back to being a carb monster in the same way as i was before. Yes initially i did enjoy eating all the stuff i didn't eat, but after a couple of weeks i realised that i felt healthier if i didn't eat certain things (bread and pasta mostly), just felt much better about myself. I have been having pizza and chips but not been fantasising about it in quite the same way as i used to!

OK, just wanted to pop in and say "hi". I'm actually moving house next week so don't want to put too much pressure on myself doing induction for a couple of weeks yet so i can get everything all sorted out and the house straight, then face the induction flu head-on ;-). Over the next two weeks i just want to ensure i maintain my current weight and don't go crazy on any 'last minute' carb binges, it really isn't necessary because i enjoy atkins so much, but i still want to keep my head in check so i don't start in two weeks several pounds heavier!

My life has been pretty hellish since i stopped Atkins 6 months ago. I got mixed up in a very bad relationship which ended up with the police being involved and having a narrow escape. Ready to move on with my life and get back to what i love.... (he made me give up Atkins which is why i stopped, i was actually loving it and Atkins had become my lifestyle!).

Enough ramblings for now... :)

Hiya,

Glad to hear that you're getting sorted and are out of the bad relationship. I can't seem to make my mind up what I want to do at the moment but have gained a few lbs over the summer holidays (2 weeks on holiday in Turkey eating and drinking whatever I wanted!). Im just mooching around the boards until I decided lol

Hey losingit.......... did we meet on the Exante board?:D

Loving the low carb mesself now...... I'll look out for you. Good luck with the move xx

I am a returner too! Good luck with the move and well done for being brave enough to get out of an unhealthy relationship x

hi namaste, yes, i did Exante before i did Atkins, and i remember you ;-). Hope things are going well.

Paigesmum, make a decision soon - kick yourself into gear ASAP, it gets harder the longer you put it off, maybe just join us low-carbing while exploring other options?

Now, i need to kick myself 'cos i have been pretty bad lately, i had a dominos pizza last night. I am moving house tomorrow though so things are a bit up in the air (or is that just an excuse....!). Won't have a fridge (or freezer) in my new house until Monday either which is going to be tricky unless i find the motivation somewhere to buy fresh meat everyday for dinner/lunch.

Hiya, decided to go back to atkins and had a lovely low carb quiche with salad for dinner :) I know it will take a while to settle down, i lost 2 stone with lighterlife and used exante as a quick fix after a naughty week or two but looking to lose another stone then maintain before xmas so good luck to us all! xx

Welcome back losingit - and hope the house move has gone ok!

Well done for moving on (in more ways than one) in your life and all the best with low carb.

Susie

Back