coming off cambridge for holidays..options

emma&alex

I'm going to Egypt in April, and I don't want to carry on doing this diet while I'm over there, but I also don't want to put weight on and if possible want to carry on with some sort of weight loss.
I was thinking, if I came off the Cambridge for the 2 weeks, but carry on with some sort of Atkins plan, so I will stay in ketosis. Would I lose weight if I did decide to do that?

I just say eat healthy, dont go overboard. Obviously holidays are times for relaxing and enjoying yourself and u dont want to stick to diet (i wont either!) so maybe try and have fruit for breakfast.. or if you are all exclusive you can get away with a full english if you want to do the atkins things!! Just avoid hash browns and toast! and then have salad for lunch and meat and veg for dinner?

You could follow an Atkins plan, but whether you would lose weight or not, will depend on the amount of calories you consume.

I went to Dublin for a long weekend recently and followed an Atkins type plan, and I managed to still lose 1lb and stayed in ketosis...however, I still kept it quite low calorie (around 800) and I took a multi vit too...

Just had to add, it was really hard when everyone else was eating pasta and bread etc...to abstain, so as long as you feel you could say no to carbs, you should be ok...

Cat Bee x

Last edited:
Honestly I'd say stay on Cambridge if you can and are doing this for the 1st time - as it is the golden time ... and the number of people who have come off and wish they hadn't .........

However if you are determined not to do Cambridge, then try atkins type meals .... as to whether you lose weight will depend on cals and carbs ratio.

Good luck either way -and have a great holiday!

how about following the other plans instead, that way its still CD...speak to your cdc for help and advice

Back