Coming off slowly!!!

ickleLB

Well 3rd weigh in this morning and another 1lb off! I am happy as not been 100% this week, nothing too bad just dont think ive eaten enough seem to have lost my appetite!!:sigh:
Its coming off slow and steady but if it stays this slow it will take me forever lol - need motivation to keep going, I am howver having this afternoon off to enjoy a bottle of wine, its the only hting keeping me going the thought of a naughty sat afternoon/evening lol
:)
Need to get back to thy gym but am concerned if I go it wont show on the scales as much, now I know muscle does not weigh more than fat but I do know wen ppl start exercising they seem to lose inches rather than weight and that can make you feel like the diets failing and tips on stopping this happening?:confused:

I only lost 1.5lbs this week too but that's better than a gain or maintain! Be proud :) also sometimes a lower loss means you may have a big one coming up. Know how you feel about the slow thing, it's taken me nearly 4 months to lose 9.5lbs! The gym should help, I didn't start going properly until recently and it's really good :) stick to cardio and you should be ok with the muscle thing :)

Don't be downhearted - our consultant put it all in perspective for us when she told us if we lost 1 pound each week we'd lose 24 pounds before Christmas - thats over 2 stone and imagine how good that will feel :)

Don't be disheartened a pound off is better than 1 on. As for exercising I would recommend measuring yourself before you start. As you said most people find that when they first start to exercise the weight can STS. It did with me for ages but after going to the gym for 3 months I'd lost 3 inches off my hips which made me feel better!

Plus you feel so good after a good workout and your doing great things for you on the inside too.

Don't be downhearted - our consultant put it all in perspective for us when she told us if we lost 1 pound each week we'd lose 24 pounds before Christmas - thats over 2 stone and imagine how good that will feel :)

24 pounds is actually 1 stone10lb, so it's not far off the 2 stone mark. I am happy with any loss, but last week gained 0.5lb despite a 100% week:(

I'd love a 1lb loss each week! ATM i seem to be losing 0.5lbs each week, which i know is still a loss and slow & steady is a good way to lose weight, but i am following the plan 100% (apart from the weekend just gone!) and am getting a bit dis-heartened. it feels like it's going to take me ages to lose these last 5lbs. But i am sticking with it cos I know I can do it, even if it does take forever!!

i must admit ive not been 100% I weigh in sat mornings and have told myself that if I want to be naughty then my one and only day to do it is saturday. To be fair ive still stuck to the diet each week pretty much but just had a drink and actually not o****ed syns. I know how many there are but not thinkin about it too much, this has helped me stay focused during the week knowing if I want to i can have a night off - I may not want too and it may take longer to come off but we are all human ;)

Me too ickleLB - for the 3rd week in a row. i'm trying really hard not to get disheartened and am determined each week to follow the plan 100% so really don't know where i am going wrong.

I've been doing red & green for the last couple of weeks (the extra HEA & B on red & green means i use fewer syns) but think i might go back to EE this week and see how i get on.

Try not to get disheartened by the 'smaller 'losses as they all mount up believe me. I've lost 24lbs in 26 weeks which on average is 0.92lbs per week & am now 4lbs from target!
I have regularly exercised with cycling & have lost a total of 71cm's, so I would definitely encourage you to exercise for the physical & psychological benefits. You may see a slight gain on the scales to begin with, but thats just the muscles holding onto water to try to repair themselves, but it will soon disappear & you should see good losses on the scales if you regularly exercise during the week & stick to plan.

Yeah I fully intend of going back to the gy, I was going regulary before I started SW and it wasnt making a difference lol. I have recently injured myself so am waiting till am 100 % before kick start the exercise
Hoping this will all be worth it wen am 2 stone down at least :sigh:

i feel exactly same at minute, its taken me 9 weeks to loose half a stone, i get married in 11 weeks and i would love to loose a stone not including what i have already lost, i have lost this half a stone with no exercise at all, so i have decided to start power walking 3 miles 2-3 times a week, done it twice already doing my 3rd one tomorrow and then weigh in on weds althougth it was my step sons 8th birthday yesterday and i had chocolate cake and biscuits and a few cheeky lagers but im not feeling bad about it, cos i have been so good for the past few weeks a day off plan is just what i needed i think!

I think thats the key, a day off here and there is probably good for your sanity, even when Ive been off the plan Ive not completely over indulged
Yes I need to start exercising this week I think but im still not motivated lol, if I do surely I wil undo some damage from the weekend :) Had no syns yet today and my m ind is pondering what can I have x

Back