Coming over from the dark side!

K.T

I have recently dabbled with Slimming World, twice in fact, and not been successful (I do think its me rather than the diet). I previously lost 3.5 stones with ww on the old planbut had to stop as a result of cardiac problems (not resulting from the diet I must add) and gained 2 stone back whilst I was inactive and feeling sorry for myself. I then restarted with pro-points but I didn't get on with the leader (the original one had left :( ), or the pro points (but think that was more the leader/my mindset at the time).

So I joined up with a monthly pass earlier today in the hope that I get the hang of it and stick it out this time! I think I've always been a WW girl at heart as SW, although I found it good on the surface, never really gelled with me

Good luck to you all x

Hey and welcome!

I'm also new (sorry to hijack your thread!). I lost 2 stone on calorie counting over 6 months but put most of it back on this autumn after a lot of setbacks (lost my job, moved to a new country) and need a bit of a push. I've done weight watchers in the past (on the old points system with cals and sat fat) which really worked for me. I'm using Online in the Netherlands but obviously everybody speaks dutch (mine isn't great) so I'm hoping to use this forum for the support I can't get from the official NL forums.

Hello Ladies and welcome!!

With regards to the ProPoints, WW has now introduced the healthy and filling plan which you can use alongside PP. You can do one or the other or alternate days. The healthy and filling is near on identical to SW though you still have your weeklies.

I also did SW but struggled with it as i still could not control my portion sizes whereas now, i can have anything i like but in moderation. I am a lot more comfortable with PP then i ever was with SW.

This forum is great if you ever need advice about or are having a bad day!

Good luck xx

Thanks Nemesis, and welcome Fattack, good luck with your weight loss, what day will you be weighing in?

I know everyone is different but I did SW for 9 weeks and lost only 5.5lbs..... Switched to WW as I was so disheartened and lost 6lbs in my first week!!!!! I certainly know what works for me!!!!! Love love love WW as you defo reduce your portion size and massively reduce carbs intake compared to SW :) give it a go!!! Xxx

I have recently dabbled with Slimming World, twice in fact, and not been successful (I do think its me rather than the diet). I previously lost 3.5 stones with ww on the old planbut had to stop as a result of cardiac problems (not resulting from the diet I must add) and gained 2 stone back whilst I was inactive and feeling sorry for myself. I then restarted with pro-points but I didn't get on with the leader (the original one had left :( ), or the pro points (but think that was more the leader/my mindset at the time).

So I joined up with a monthly pass earlier today in the hope that I get the hang of it and stick it out this time! I think I've always been a WW girl at heart as SW, although I found it good on the surface, never really gelled with me

Good luck to you all x

Good luck KT, I'm sure you'll get the hang of it in no time and i hope you get a better leader than before too!

Hey and welcome!

I'm also new (sorry to hijack your thread!). I lost 2 stone on calorie counting over 6 months but put most of it back on this autumn after a lot of setbacks (lost my job, moved to a new country) and need a bit of a push. I've done weight watchers in the past (on the old points system with cals and sat fat) which really worked for me. I'm using Online in the Netherlands but obviously everybody speaks dutch (mine isn't great) so I'm hoping to use this forum for the support I can't get from the official NL forums.

Hiya Fattack, I joined WW when I moved to Germany in September and like you my German isn't great. I find I understand quite a lot of what is being said in the meetings now, it easier when you know the context, but I completely freeze when it comes to speaking back to people in German, grrr. Find the support on Minimins to be amazing though :D

Where abouts are you in NL and how are you finding the transition?

Back