Comments that make you more determined!

Trixicle

Hi,

I started SW online 3 weeks ago as I want to lose some weight because I'm going abroad next year. It is the first time I've joined a slimming group so it is all new to me.

I've had mixed reactions when I've told people - most are supportive, but some are a little strange!

A friend in particular has upset me a little (but made me more determined to succeed) by saying I shouldn't bother (I'm a size 14-16 so definitely have some to lose), and that there is no chance of me losing weight quickly because I like my food too much (she doesn't really ever see me eat)!

I don't want to lose it quickly; I want to lose it safely and healthily!

Has anyone else experienced this?

Shes prob jealous..x i have friends who would like me to stay fat so i make them look good and skinner. Do what you think is right and dont listen to anyones comments esp negative ones..x

Hi,

. . . .
I've had mixed reactions when I've told people - most are supportive, but some are a little strange!

. . . . .

Don't tell people. Whenever you tell people what you are going to do, whatever it is (dieting, bungee jumping, joining the French Foreign Legion, standing for parliament) there will be someone who will tell you not to do it, that you won't succeed, that it's a waste of time.

My policy is not to tell anyone anything.

It's a reflection of their own insecurities if you change then they may feel threatened by the not so great things in their life. It also tests you to see how much you want this for yourself, lead by example and watch others in term maybe raise their game for the better too x x good luck x x

I get countless comments, that now I don't bother telling people.

I am a size 12 and I don't look like I need to lose weight; but I'm unhappy with my size. For me losing weight it's about feeling emotionally happy.

Because of my physical appearance I get comments. I consistently get told I don't need to lose weight. And all those who tell me this are usually are the ones moaning about needing to be healthy and that they 'really must lose weight'

I guess it's just down to being compared too and not reflecting we all have issues.
I personally would ignore any negative comments and continue our your desired path in life. You know what's right for you

Glad I found this - I have been at Slimming world since September and so far lost 2 stone 2lb... some colleagues are very supportive and ask me on the day after WI how i've got on etc... but ONE of them has to make "an example of me" she'll buy chocolate and offer to everyone and not me... or she'll be offering them round and say "you CAN'T have one can you" and I normally just say no thank you I don't want one... but she's royally ticked me off today... I'm eating a salad bowl with lettuce / cucumber etc bought from Sainsburys with some packaged Bernard Matthews BBQ turkey that i break up into it (it's yummy) anyway her comment today was "It's just not fair that you sit there and eat all day and still lose weight" As she is tucking into her sausage roll!! Grrrrr....

Oh I used to work with a couple of dragons like that, I would say I know it's great isn't it and giggle exude joy a radiance they hate it lol x x

Thank you for your kind comments everyone! I thought telling people would help motivate me as if I didn't, nobody would know if I failed. My partner and sister (who is also doing SW) are being very supportive. I have lost 10lbs now so it's working! I'm over the moon!

I get countless comments, that now I don't bother telling people.

I am a size 12 and I don't look like I need to lose weight; but I'm unhappy with my size. For me losing weight it's about feeling emotionally happy.

Because of my physical appearance I get comments. I consistently get told I don't need to lose weight. And all those who tell me this are usually are the ones moaning about needing to be healthy and that they 'really must lose weight'

I guess it's just down to being compared too and not reflecting we all have issues.
I personally would ignore any negative comments and continue our your desired path in life. You know what's right for you

I am exactly like you. I started SW as a snug size 12 and 11lbs later I am still a 12 but everything fits beautifully and as an over 50 I didn't want to let the pounds creep on . That would have made me unhappy. But I have only shared my journey with those who are genuinly interested and supportive.

Thank you for your kind comments everyone! I thought telling people would help motivate me as if I didn't, nobody would know if I failed. My partner and sister (who is also doing SW) are being very supportive. I have lost 10lbs now so it's working! I'm over the moon!

Yayyy that's the way forward well done x

Had my best comment yet! It wasn't meant to offend me at all (it was said in a kind way), but if it had come before I'd lost any weight it would probably have made me cry - as it is I can laugh about it.

I have now lost enough for people to begin to notice. I saw an elderly male family member over Christmas and he told me not to lose much more weight because, 'you know, you're a big girl, big boned, and it won't look right. You'll lose your looks'

Lol, I'm not big boned - I'm overweight!!!

I started slimming world with a friend and as I am significantly bigger than her I obviously lost more weight at the beginning etc and I would be so happy about it because I was doing so well and every week if I lost more than her it was as if I'd just smacked her in the face, tbh just made me want to lose more than her just to see her reaction lol
Lets guess who isn't as focussed as I am and hasn't been taking it that seriously

Back