• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Complaining...

So I'm in Edinburgh now. And I have 30GBP. I'm here until the 28th. Why don't I have any money? Because Bank of Ireland gave me a 'play-card'! It's not Switch, it's not Cirrus! It's nothing! It's only good for taking money out in the Republic of Ireland, nevermind that they have offices here! And I can't take any more money out of my Canadian account because it's all in a savings acc. and I don't know how many more withdrawls I have before they charge me some exorbitant amount! I do have more than enough euros (cash) to get me through, but I'll have to change it, and they'll charge for that!

Gah!:cry:

Sorry, that's probably more than a bit incoherent, but I had to get it off my chest!

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Ah, thank you! I saw someone mentioned that the post office was good for exchanging currency, but couldn't find any information about that service on the website.

Wait a minute... I thought Royal Mail did the post in Scotland? Is Royal Mail the ones who actually deliver the post, and Post Office is the liaison between customers and Royal Mail?
I shouldn't be this confused, should I?

Wait a minute... I thought Royal Mail did the post in Scotland? Is Royal Mail the ones who actually deliver the post, and Post Office is the liaison between customers and Royal Mail?
I shouldn't be this confused, should I?
Hi hun,

Royal Mail/Post Office - all the same thing! Please don't be confused :confused:

Hope you get money situation sorted soon. I lived in Edinburgh for a longtime and I'm just watching the festival show on the TV. Missing it loads :(

Sorted! Thanks very much, Starlight, now I can actually give someone a deposit on a room. (By the way, if anyone has a room that they're looking to rent out for a year...) I would have never thought of the post office for currency exchange!

So I'm still in Edinburgh. I have an orientation meeting tomorrow (they tell the people who have working holiday visas where to look for jobs, housing, and how to deal with taxes and banks) and I leave on the 28th to go back to Dublin for a couple days (mostly to work and to grab the rest of my stuff.) Well I've been here since last Wednesday night, and I can't find a room in a flat. People have been making me wait for answers, and turning me down, and it's just been a really bad experience. And now I have to face going back to Dublin and telling everyone that I couldn't find a flat, and it just makes me feel like a failure. Needless to say, I've been hitting the scottish shortbread today (I did throw some in the bin though!) I just feel really bad, and I need some advice. I don't know anyone in Edinburgh, and the only people who'v actually had a conversation with me (apart from when I've been at a flat) have been the charity workers on Princes st. and some terribly random old man in the park (yeah, it was a bit wierd, that one...)

Does anyone have any advice at all for me? (apart from don't buy any more biscuits?)

I've been to three or four flats every day since thursday (I just used sparerooms and gumtree though) but most of them are quite expensive, or water-damaged/no window/don't own a hoover...

I think I'm just getting too frustrated over this, and I shouldn't be.