Complete newbie, lots of info and advice needed!

alexisemma31

Hi everyone, I'm a slimming world member of old and lost 6 stone in a year but have put 4 back on!

But one of my colleagues at work has lost 3 stone in 3 months on the Cambridge plan so I'm going to give it a go. I'm still waiting for the CDC to contact me so can anyone give me any tips or info.

I have really good willpower once I start something, so ready to embrace the plan.

I am 5 ft 4 in and weigh about 14 stones. How long roughly do you think it will take me to lose 4 stone?

Thanks a million x

Hi alexis, welcome! On the plan you can expect to lose a stone a month. Thats what it apparently adds up to over 4 weeks. I'm on day 10 and I've been weighed once, I lost 7lb in one week, others more, others less.
The first few days are quite frankly, bloody hard but it does get easier, you do stop bring hungry. Good luck.
When are you seeing your CDC?

Hi kellmo, I was hoping to see her this weekend as I wanted to start on Monday but she sent me an email to say she'd contact me after 2pm and she didn't.

What can I be doing in the meantime to make the first couple of days easier?

Start upping your water and reduce your bread, pasta, rice (carbs basically) as well as those hidden in sweets!!! That's what all the other members suggest. I personally had a Thai green curry with huge amount of rice!! (it was a goodbye meal!)... Contact your CDC again, tell her you're in the zone now and need to get started ASAP!
Mentally you could write a list of the reasons you want to be thin, I've got them on my phone and look at them when I'm crumbling!!!
If possible plan for your families meals this week and make sure it's none of your absolute favourites so temptation isn't there!!!

Good luck. I am on day 6, weigh in tomorrow. :)

Thanks everyone, still waiting to get started but am really up for it! No doubt I 'll be back on here once I get going!

Hiya

Your starts are virtually the same as mine (when i started). I'm really 5.3 and a half... but it's really difficult to put the half in the stats!!! So i say that i'm 5.3!! (The older i'm getting the more I'm shrinking anyway). I was dead on 14 stone and you can see by my stats below the rate of my losses. I only did 1 week of SS, the rest is SS+ and in the last few weeks, i've been moving up the plan. Everyone is different so it's difficult to gauge how much anyone will lose, and in the timescale. I started on 13 March.

All the best, you seem as if you are really determined - go for it lovely!!

Lx

Hi everyone, I've just started CD and using the forums for support and motivation. Can't believe how much everyone's lost!!! I started last week so into week 2 and not enjoying it one bit!!!
Start weight 12 st 9
Wk 1 = 8ibs
Yay!!!
I have just over 2 stone to go but the thought of 2 mth on SS feels torturous! Please tell me it gets easier. Doesn't seen real that I could actually lose weight that quick!

Well done to you all, am envious of your will power and weight loss!!

Lisa

Back