Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Completed Phase 1

Discussion in 'Harcombe Diet' started by jacsprat, 6 November 2010 Social URL.

1. jacsprat

jacsprat Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    16st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(6.43%)
    Diet:
    low carb
    Over the last 5 days I have lost 4.5lbs, which considering the quality and quantity of food I have eaten, is encouraging. Also I had been low carbing for a few weeks prior to this and had lost a few pound already.

This is the first time in I dont know how long that I have stuck to a diet exactly. Normally I ignore the part about the caffeine and carry on having a tiny splash of milk in tea etc. The only thing I may have slipped up on is the amount of NLY I have eaten. I know that in Phase 1 there is no limit but I really have had vats of the stuff. I think dairy may be a problem for me so I am going to stay off it for a while longer including NLY for a while. Strangely enough I have not missed cheese and I normally live on it especially when low carbing.

I have felt really tired all week and had to have a few early nights as I was totally wiped out. I was never hungry but thats not to say I found it easy. On Wed and Thu evening I had terrible cravings for something sweet and came close to having some 85% choc, but I resisted.

It just occured to me that even although I was allowed them I never had any high carb veg or brown rice. I stuck to fat meals all week. Infact my carbs were probably lower than they would have been on a low carb diet.

I have decided to try and carry on with Phase 1 for a few more days, eliminating dairy and alcohol for as long as I can. I also want to wean myself off all the processed low carb food that I normally eat. Salami, pepperoni, pork scratchings and the like. Same goes for diet soda's and meal replacement bars.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. motherof2

motherof2 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4.46%)
    Well done jacsprat! I too finished phase 1 today and weighed in just less than 6lbs lighter! I am very pleased with myself, however I know that I could easily slip back to my old habits. I have been looking forward to eating other foods to replace the brown rice, but weirdly I am almost scared to eat foods not allowed in phase 1.

I think I am going to introduce foods very gradually back into my diet to find the food to which I am intolerant.

4. mommyB

mommyB love it

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.87%)
    Well done to both of you ! a great start

5. MadamDotty

MadamDotty Back again!

Diet:
    The Harcombe Diet
    Well done on sticking to and finishing phase 1 :D

6. Karen1972

Karen1972 Gold Member

Very well done hun, that's a great result!!!

What's the score with pork scratchings on this diet? Allowed or not?

7. jacsprat

jacsprat Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    16st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(6.43%)
    Diet:
    low carb
    I would say not.

Far too processed, though you could try making your own.

8. Karen1972

Karen1972 Gold Member

Thanks J. They hurt my teeth anyway so best leave well alone!!!!! They are yummy though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.