Completely and Utterly Screwed This Up

fanianne

I've been doing SW since January, first few weeks were good, then got a small gain, and that was it! Im currently the exact weight I was when I started, and I just bounce up and down within the same half stone. I know its a motivation/will power issue. I always start with good intentions, sometimes they last a few days, sometimes a few hours, and i am so fed up of being like this. I am in desperate need of help please anyone!!!:confused:

remember how you feel right now.

Get a diary and write in it exactly how you feel. Have a fresh start with slimming world and keep reminding yourself that you never want to feel that way again and that it's in your power to never feel like that again. It is hard work but you can do it if you use your feelings now and turn them into something positve your motivation for wanting to change!!

All the best :)

This is me -

Jan 2009 joined and lost 2 and a half stone that year

2010 - spent the whole year putting it all back on

Dec 2010 - rejoined and lost 4 stone in 9 months!

Sept 2011 until now - have hovered between 3 and a half and 4 stone ever since - want to get to 5 stone and I know I will one day, but I haven't given up!

Like the lady above said, write down how you feel now and it will click into place x

fanianne said:
I've been doing SW since January, first few weeks were good, then got a small gain, and that was it! Im currently the exact weight I was when I started, and I just bounce up and down within the same half stone. I know its a motivation/will power issue. I always start with good intentions, sometimes they last a few days, sometimes a few hours, and i am so fed up of being like this. I am in desperate need of help please anyone!!!:confused:

Don't beat yourself up it just doesn't help you get back in the game. It's not easy this weight loss malarkey. Maybe you need to give yourself a clean start. Read your book, read as many posts as you can on here cos there are so many that have really helped me stay on track this time. Allow yourself to think of this as a new way of life that will make you feel better, plan your week ahead and pick out some tasty recipes to try, stock up on superfree and super speed and get yourself a little box to put some synned snacks into. Write down everything you eat- I do it on my phone and do like the other poster said, keep a diary of your moods and start to identify when you are going off track. Is it when you're bored or hungry or are you just like me in that any emotion whether positive or negative makes me turn to food? That has always been my coping strategy and I have had to find new ones. I imagine what I want to see on the scales the following week every time I think about going off track and if I think that the thing I am just about to eat will prevent me from losing I don't eat it because I want the loss more. Don't get me wrong, it has taken me hundreds of failed attempts to lose weight and many depressed moments to get to this point and I can't say that this will be the last but I really do hope it will be because I am finding ways to incorporate it into every day life. If you can begin to see it working for you and not that it is restrictive and a punishment then you will get your head round it and it sounds like you can do it even if you feel you didnt sustain it for too long. On a positive note, you have gone back to the same weight you were when you started so just repeat the weeks you did and you will lose again. Have some plans in place for the inevitable moment when you think you might derail and you might get over the hump. Give it a go. Go on :)

hey im the exact same. started slimming world as a new yr resolution in jan and first few weeks were brilliant. i then lost the motivation but continued going but missed a few classes here and there. have been hovering around my 1 and a half stone for the last few weeks but am going buying the 12 week countdown to motivate me to go and not waste the money by missing class. ive found that since my friend joined with me 2 weeks ago im much more motivated to stay going. Hope you get the motivation you are looking for :)

Back