Compliments, compliments...........

stivesliz

Gold Member
Previous times I have lost weight I have had a couple of back handed compliments -

''hey you've lost tons of weight........................cos you were really big'' etc ,

I'm sure you can all sympathise but today 3 people told me that I looked great and one even said I looked 10 years younger!

What's the nicest thing you've been told after your weight loss? x

Every day I'm told how fab i'm looking but unfortunately I just can't accept compliments :sigh: My husband is always at me :bananalove: :lilkiss: (you get my drift lol) :rolleyes: i've gone from almost 16st to 12st and dropped 4 dress sizes but i still feel really fat!!

Every day I'm told how fab i'm looking but unfortunately I just can't accept compliments :sigh: My husband is always at me :bananalove: :lilkiss: (you get my drift lol) :rolleyes: i've gone from almost 16st to 12st and dropped 4 dress sizes but i still feel really fat!!

Well done! Its hard when you're used to NOT getting compliments and its hard getting used to a different body too!

vanilla_cupcake said:

Cupcake is my twin in SW matters. I am terrible at taking compliments but the best one I have had is a friend of my husbands who told me that it wasn't so much that I looked so much better now I had lost some weight, but I acted more confident & appeared to be enjoying my life far more as a result.

Cupcake is my twin in SW matters. I am terrible at taking compliments but the best one I have had is a friend of my husbands who told me that it wasn't so much that I looked so much better now I had lost some weight, but I acted more confident & appeared to be enjoying my life far more as a result.

Which of course is true - I do all sorts of things now that I wouldnt have dared to do when I was heavier! x

It's only the past few weeks people have really noticed (I've lost 5st) I'm fed up of been called 'skinny minny'-I'm still 4st away from target! x

I have lost 6st 3 1/2lb since May and I have compliments every day. Or at least I have since losing 2 1/2 stone. Not much said before then which was a bit of a bummer at the time lol! But since then they have been coming in all the time :D

I actually tried on a pair of size 10 jeans today and they fitted!!!!!! The funny thing is though I still feel big :( As also mentioned above!! Why is that? xx

At my biggest i was 18.5 stone. A few months into my weight lose last year some one i hadnt seen for a while pulled me aside and asked if I had cancer! I then revealed i was dieting and we had a good laugh about it- Not cancer, but the fact i had gone from large to small...er

I have lost 6st 3 1/2lb since May and I have compliments every day. Or at least I have since losing 2 1/2 stone. Not much said before then which was a bit of a bummer at the time lol! But since then they have been coming in all the time :D

I actually tried on a pair of size 10 jeans today and they fitted!!!!!! The funny thing is though I still feel big :( As also mentioned above!! Why is that? xx

WOW! Well done!
Oddly enough nobody noticed I had lost weight until I hit about 3 stone lol.
I am not thin yet but am slimmer and still dont recognise myself in the mirror! When I shop for clothes, I still reach for larger sizes - I think it must take time to get used to our fab new figures lol x

WOW! Well done!
Oddly enough nobody noticed I had lost weight until I hit about 3 stone lol.
I am not thin yet but am slimmer and still dont recognise myself in the mirror! When I shop for clothes, I still reach for larger sizes - I think it must take time to get used to our fab new figures lol x

I call it fatorexia, like anorexia only in reverse. We are fat in our minds therefore we look and feel fat even though we are healthy etc.

Lol - love this comment! x
Its true though. Peoples confidence grows as the waistline shrinks, depression decreases but mentally we will always be fat. When i look back over the photos of me at my biggest (18.5 stone) to my smallest at 13 stone i see a MASSIVE difference that I dont see in the mirror

Its true though. Peoples confidence grows as the waistline shrinks, depression decreases but mentally we will always be fat. When i look back over the photos of me at my biggest (18.5 stone) to my smallest at 13 stone i see a MASSIVE difference that I dont see in the mirror

very true! I have a pic of me from my heaviest and I cant believe its me in the pic but it is! x

Nobody noticed I lost my first stone, except one of the older members of staff that came back from annual leave. She then told everyone and now everyone notices and ask how it is going. i still wonder how much I would have had to loose before they would have noticed. Got another 6 stones to go.....

The thing most people ask me, is if I feel better for it?

Back