Extra Easy Concerns

sal210707

Hi,

I joined slimming world on sat as I have 2 stone to lose and I am determined to do it. I have never tried slimming world so I am a bit nervous to see if it works as I have been torn between this and weight watchers which I succeeded with way back when I got married..2 children since so two stone to lose again! I'm just concerned with being able to eat free foods ... As much as you want ... It just goes against everything I have done before... More recently dukan... Now I am terrified that eating carbs will make me gain... And um not used to NOT feeling hungry...grrree....What have I done to my head and body with all this yoyo dieting!!!! I've stuck to plan for two days... Ill just see what happens on my first weigh in

Hi Sal and welcome to minis and SW. The plan really does work as does any sensible eating plan if you stick to it. Ive done both WW and SW - I find SW much better for me as I dont constantly have to count points and weigh n measure.

If you have joined a group your consultant probably suggested filling in a food diary until you get used to the plan - I would strongly recommend this. You may find your body will take some adjusting after doing other plans but stick with it. There are lots of peoples diaries and stories on here to help you and you can see pics and results for yourself.

There are threads for help with syn values, recipes, healthy extras etc. Lots of reading for you and minis will become an addiction lol.

Good Luck and if you get stuck - just give a shout someone will help.

I had all of the same worries when I first joined - I actually ate free foods until I felt sick just to prove to myself that my consultant was wrong! I lost 4lbs that first week!

Keep going and you'll see results - hard as that is to believe!!

Hi,

I joined slimming world on sat as I have 2 stone to lose and I am determined to do it. I have never tried slimming world so I am a bit nervous to see if it works as I have been torn between this and weight watchers which I succeeded with way back when I got married..2 children since so two stone to lose again! I'm just concerned with being able to eat free foods ... As much as you want ... It just goes against everything I have done before... More recently dukan... Now I am terrified that eating carbs will make me gain... And um not used to NOT feeling hungry...grrree....What have I done to my head and body with all this yoyo dieting!!!! I've stuck to plan for two days... Ill just see what happens on my first weigh in

Give it your all for one week - follow the plan to the letter. Read your books carefully, there's no hidden slip-ups or complicated things in there - but on my first week I accidentally didn't realise sweetcorn and peas aren't superfree! When you weigh in, you won't believe it - i'm excited for you!

There's a reason the other diets didn't work - and that's because they're diets! Slimming World is a way of retraining the mind to make healthy choices and eat well.. you never need to go hungry in life when you make the right choices.

Good luck and keep us updated! :)

Hi,

Omg your story is my story, slimmed down to get married, two kids and at least 1-1/2 2st to lose. I joined sw last Mon but with the intention of just doing it from home. I've read the books and dabbled but got no where. Off to group tonight to actually listen to the consultant (did sw years ago and thought I new everything). I need to change my mindset and understand that I don't and can't any everything I want (all bad bits) but just in moderation but to fill up. On the good stuff.

5 years after getting married, two kids and slowly losing 2st its going g to be hard but so worth it!

Good luck x

Well done, I hope that means your concerns are behind you and you can now get on with enjoying the plan and seeing the results.

I have to say I was totally the same when I joined though as I'd done Scottish Slimmers before and was so used to weighing and measuring, having to go without all my favourites and always being hungry. Like you, I got used to it and it worked but the results were never going to last and surprise, surprise I put it all back on, plus a bit extra! I love this plan, I never feel hungry and for the most part, I'm eating what I always used to... in abundance... yet I'm still losing weight. Certainly won't complain about that and I can now see that this is a lifestyle change, not a diet (how I hate that word!).

Back