Confess, Progress, Impress!

infiniteandserene

Hi! Completely new to this forum, decided to sign up after a bit of browsing through the posts, everyone really inspired me!

My name's Natalie and I'm 18. Basically, I lost 4 stone previously over the space of 2 years, never reached the weight I wanted to, and have gained almost 2 stone in the past 6 months. As you can see in the picture, it's made a big difference (imo)
35070id.png

I find it hard to articulate just how bad this has made me feel about myself. I have no confidence, I don't feel I can go out and enjoy myself and I'm generally a bit unhappy.
After many tried and failed attempts at diets, I'm trying the CD. I don't technically start until tomorrow, but I'm so excited! I know it will be a challenge but I can't wait to start seeing a difference, gaining back confidence and being able to wear all the lovely clothes I bought back then.
Hoping to lose around 25lbs as quickly as I can to get back to my previous weight so I can feel like myself again, then lose more on top to finally be the best version of myself possible.

So this will be my little diary I guess :)

Day 1:
Breakfast: Maple & pecan porridge
Lunch: Butterscotch shake
Dinner: Chilli soup

hmm, the porridge was ok, didn't taste like porridge in the slightest! Not too bad though. I can't say I liked the shake too much but will happily drink it, again I didn't find it tasted of butterscotch. Loved the soup!

Drank 3L of water which is a bit of a struggle, co-workers kept asking me if I was pregnant going to the toilet so much.
Felt pretty hungry between lunch and dinner (was unfortunately around 6 hours as opposed to the recommended 4 hours) but nothing I couldn't handle.
So weird to break the habit of drinking a diet coke after dinner, or raiding the cupboards for something to snack on.
Bring on day two :) I can't wait for ketosis to kick in!

Hi Lou :)
Yeah it went well thanks, did get a bit of tummy rumbling going on between my lunch and dinner but made it through. Also managed to drink another 3L of water so chuffed at that!
I had the porridge for breakfast again (probably won't choose this item next week, not that much of a fan) the toffee and walnut shake for lunch (had it warm, it was lovely!) and then the leek and potato soup for dinner which I loved.
How's it going for you? Would you say you're in ketosis yet? :)

Hi! Aw fab glad day two has gone really well for you! You should be really proud of yourself! :)

Day 3 has gone well, defo think I'm entering Ketosis, just been drinking water throughout the day when I have fancied some and with my coffee have drank about 5ltrs today (whoops) I was a bit worried about this but she said not to worry, I always drank a lot of juice and water before I started CD so it's just the norm for me! I must have been to the loo about 20 times today so far though!

Got the signs of Ketosis such as dry mouth and bitter taste but no death breath so not sure, I will breath on my OH in the morning and ask what he think haha xxx

Aw thanks very much! Got a lovely text from my CDC this morning asking how it's going and telling me that I'm brilliant, really made smile bless her.
Ah that's so good! I kind of struggle to drink 3L but definitely feeling more thirsty now. Ah I'm dreading if I get bad breath :/
hahahahah, he'll love that!
How is did day four go? You've almost done a whole week!

Day three went well, porridge for breakfast, butterscotch shake for lunch (easily my least favourite thing I've tried so far, don't recommend it) and then vegetable soup for dinner. Been tempted with food all day, people eating pizza at work and then my mum bought the BEST cookies ever and it was so hard to resist. I'm trying to forget they're there and remember it's not worth it!

Ah thanks, same to you :)
Yeah not bad at all, I do have moments where I really crave food but I'm not going to let it beat me, I can't afford to pay £42 and waste it by being weak! How about you?

Yeah im doing ok. Its missing food rather than being hungry i think. I wanna have toast with my kids in the morning.. Join in wen they "share" their dinners... Try the foods i cook them.. My poor 1 year old had a well spicy curry the other day coz i couldnt test the heat!!
But im determind to get a good few weeks under my belt. Even if its only 2! Lol. I refuse to givr in before that! No cheating here. All or nothing!

Oh no I definitely no what you mean, I really miss looking forward to food, and chewing! Dinner smells so good tonight it's killing me.
Ahh bless your son haha!

I'm exactly the same. I want to do it 100% I don't want to waste time and money by being weak-willed. We can do it :)

infiniteandserene said:
Oh no I definitely no what you mean, I really miss looking forward to food, and chewing! Dinner smells so good tonight it's killing me.
Ahh bless your son haha!

I'm exactly the same. I want to do it 100% I don't want to waste time and money by being weak-willed. We can do it :)

Oh gosh yeah - chewing!
My CDC reckons after two weeks itl b habit? Aparently tht need to do something a certain amount of times befpre its
lodged in your brain as usual..?
Had a bit of a sprry for myself meltdown today. Havnt cracked but feeling really deflated about it all. Seems an impossible task from here.. If it was like 2 weeks then id b ok.. The end would b in sight.. I could count down.. Not the same with months!!!
:/

Yeah I definitely feel the same about the time thing. But I think any other diet would be twice as long. Also I don't think I'll be allowed to do SS for more than 2 weeks because my bmi will go too low, so I'll have to introduce actual food (which makes me really nervous!) That means the lack of chewing/food won't be for too long :) I just want to lose 2 stones asap and then I'm happy to take it slower to get to my ultimate goal.
Thinking of it as months does seem so ridiculously long, but what's a few months compared to the rest of your life being happy with your weight? :)

infiniteandserene said:
Yeah I definitely feel the same about the time thing. But I think any other diet would be twice as long. Also I don't think I'll be allowed to do SS for more than 2 weeks because my bmi will go too low, so I'll have to introduce actual food (which makes me really nervous!) That means the lack of chewing/food won't be for too long :) I just want to lose 2 stones asap and then I'm happy to take it slower to get to my ultimate goal.
Thinking of it as months does seem so ridiculously long, but what's a few months compared to the rest of your life being happy with your weight? :)

Bmi too low? I Can honestly say i dlnt see that ever being an issue for me! Lol.
Yeah i wanna ge two stone gone ideally then ill swap to slimmingworld.
To be honest the lightest ive been in my adult life is 12lb less than when i started this diet.... So i have no idea how small i really wanna go... Coz i dont know how ill feel.. If that makes sence. Im guessing around 2-2.5 stone is ultimate goal... But guess i duno till i get there! X

haha! the way my CDC explained it to me was that once my bmi is around 24 (healthy limit) it won't be necessary/recommended for me to do SS.
Same kinda, the lightest I've ever been was 8st6 so I'd like to get back to around that stage asap.
Definitely, it's hard to know what you're going to look like! At 8st6 I was a lot smaller but still had lots of areas I was unhappy with. For me it's not technically about the weight, more about how it looks, but weight is quite a good indicator of getting smaller.
It's so exciting though, isn't it! How did today go for you? x

Hello good to read your doing great :) i also lost 4 stone on CD in 2009 and have regained 2 stones aswell :( lol

Hello good to read your doing great :) i also lost 4 stone on CD in 2009 and have regained 2 stones aswell :( lol

Thank you, that's really lovely of you :)
Ah weight gain happens so quickly and easily, really difficult to stop yourself imo. But we've done well to pull ourselves out of it!

Thank you, that's really lovely of you :)
Ah weight gain happens so quickly and easily, really difficult to stop yourself imo. But we've done well to pull ourselves out of it!
yes i agree.. im chuffed i havent gained the whole 4 stones.. but will make sure this is my last restart. I didnt really do the maintaince stages only went up to 1000 plan.. but will do up to 1500 now.

did u do maintaince??

keep at it chick

yes i agree.. im chuffed i havent gained the whole 4 stones.. but will make sure this is my last restart. I didnt really do the maintaince stages only went up to 1000 plan.. but will do up to 1500 now.

did u do maintaince??

keep at it chick

Exactly :)
I didn't do CD first time round, I lost it gradually over 2 years by not eating enough and always being on my feet at work.. not something that I'd recommend, sort of a starve/binge circle. I gained it all back due to getting too comfortable, losing control and serious binge days. This time I want to get into the habit of eating healthy food and feeling the benefits of it.
Did you find it challenging adding food in at the beginning? This is something I'm really worried about.

you too :)

Exactly :)
I didn't do CD first time round, I lost it gradually over 2 years by not eating enough and always being on my feet at work.. not something that I'd recommend, sort of a starve/binge circle. I gained it all back due to getting too comfortable, losing control and serious binge days. This time I want to get into the habit of eating healthy food and feeling the benefits of it.
Did you find it challenging adding food in at the beginning? This is something I'm really worried about.

you too :)
yes it was to start off with but when i added foods from the 810 plan i started exercising and it worked well together. :)

But dont worry honestly... x

yes it was to start off with but when i added foods from the 810 plan i started exercising and it worked well together. :)

But dont worry honestly... x

Ah fingers crossed :) I find it hard to stop once I start which is why I needed something as strict as CD.
Ah fingers crossed by the time I do 810 I'll feel confident enough to go back to the gym! Been avoiding the place for 2 months :eek: x

Back