Confession of a scales addict...

HellieCopter

Gold Member
I think it’s time to confess my addiction.

I weigh myself every day.

I know I shouldn’t. I know it’s bordering on obsession. I know it’s not a proper result because weight fluctuates. I know inches are a better indication of fat loss. I know it’s bad for my mental state…

But I still do it! I can’t help it! If the number has gone up a bit, I ignore it. If it’s gone down it puts me in a great mood and spurs me on to have another good day.

Should I stop? Yes. So, am I going to stop? Probably not!:eek:

Would you like to confess too?

Yes I get on everyday, same routine every morning, have been known to sneak a peek at bedtime too.
Dont think for me it has a detrimental effect as the only weight I actually take notice of is WI day.

I don't weight myself but my other half does and she is always moaning about the fluctuations each day. Better to have the same scales one a week and then you know where you are at. If you haven't lost that week then review what you have eaten.

I don't moan about the fluctuations - I know they happen! I still weigh first thing in the morning though. I know what's sensible...but I still do it! lol!!

I do this. Everyday! Every morning i jump on the scales after using the loo etc. My scales weigh me the same as the SW ones and I use them to keep track of my weight in the week.
It just keeps me on the straight and narrow. I personally dont see it as a massive deal to be honest, but others may, its just what works for me.

I weigh most days - when i am being terribly naughty i dont tho!!! If i have a good week i like to watch the numbers drop - but the fluctuations are crazy!

I am currently 2lbs up at the moment - which when i have had a good day (i was 100% yesterday) can really wind me up!!!! but i know i was bad over the weekend so its the way it goes!

I wish i could stop.

I used to be exactly the same, I'd be going on them every time I went to the loo. When I joined SW 28 weeks ago I purposely haven't stepped on them as I don't want to know how they compare to the SW ones, once I find that out I would never be off of them and it would just mess around with my head too much

I even make my hubby get on the scales when we are weighing the puppy!

Some weeks I weigh every other day just to know that my weight is going the right way - problem is on SW I won't be losing weight everyday, it'll be at a steady rate. Therefore if I see a gain (which is always likley based on how much it can go up/down by daily) it messes with my head so I'll either be in a bad mood all day so I'll think stuff & & eat something I shouldn't :(

I think we should make a deal to stop this! Maybe start & take it week by week....??

I weigh every day but i don't worry too much about the result. If I've lost then I'm pleased and count that as the weeks 'weighin'. I don't go to class so there's no conflict with the class scales anyway.

When I was losing I didnt weigh myself at home! And that was how I wanted it to be, but now I am at target I do weigh at home once a week as I need to keep to the target band. But definately whilst losing I didnt coz I know it would mess with my head

I sometimes go on the scales in between weigh ins, I don't see it as a problem because I don't obsess over the number, until official WI when I write the number down and change my ticker lol. Sometimes if I weigh the day after my official WI, and I see the number has dropped, I get really annoyed that it wasn't that number the day before, especially if I have STS!! I just see it as a bigger loss the next week tho, I don't let it ruin my week:)

You should hide your scales then Lisa! For some people it can totally throw them off plan if they can't see the number change, or they see it go up midweek for no reason, best just to stay off them!

You should hide your scales then Lisa! For some people it can totally throw them off plan if they can't see the number change, or they see it go up midweek for no reason, best just to stay off them!

I tried that & it didn't work. I asked someone else to hide them & then I went looking...sad or what! :eek:

*Holds hand up* I weigh myself every day, I have to admit, but the only one I really pay any attention to is my official weigh in on a Monday evening, even though my scales at home match those at class.

I know my weight fluctuates hugely throughout the week, so don't usually pay much attention to it, but like to just keep track and see if any particular foods tend to cause more fluctuations than others.

I had not been weighed since 12th December, until Sunday morning when my scales told me I was 1lb up from the week I last weighed, yesterday morning and at class they told me I was 6lbs up! And yet by this morning I'm 3lbs down again! But I was drinking wine and cider a lot over Xmas and wine last week, so think it may well just be a huge amount of water retention! Back on track this week though and no alcohol until Friday night, and then I may treat myself to a bottle!

I weigh first thing each morning and then before I have my tea each night! I know I shouldn't but . . . . it's a habbit now! They do go up and down and I hate it, but I've learnt to accept what they say and just continue.

My little confession is that I actually took my scales on holiday with me as well . . . . but I found this helped me stay on track.

I'm so glad it's not just me. I have very recently moved out of my parents home into my own house. While I was living at home I weighed myself at least once a day + I found it help me keep on track + I pretty much knew what the scales at WI would say but now I have moved out I have purposely not brought any scales as I wanted to see if I could cope without them but it's driving me mad!! I hate not knowing how much I weigh. Every time I go to my parents I weigh myself + then at the gym.

suepat10 said:
Not this time round, I've moved house and don't have any, but las time I did SW I was on them every time I went in to the bathroom

This is EXACTLY me. Used to weigh whenever I was within a foot of the scales (ie in the bathroom) but moved out and haven't got the scales any more. I prefer it but sometimes want a sneaky peek on a Sunday (I weigh on a mon) but think this could do more damage as before my scales related to my scales and just helped me gauge a loss but the weight was nothing like sw weight so would probably be more harm than good.

I too am a 'daily weigher!' First thing in the morning after the loo, then I'm afraid to say I weigh myself before I go to bed too! I seem to be 2lb heavier at night than the following morning, so it's almost like a sneaky peek at the scales before I jump on them first thing! I know this might be bad for some people but it works for me. I don't get stressed if they go up slightly, in fact it makes me work harder. I had 2 and a half year break from sw and put on over 3 stone :( back on it again since new years eve and have lost 6lb :)

Back