Confession Time!!!

Niamh

So last night when lying in bed at 3am not being able to sleep I made a decision to come off LT TFR and switch over to maintenance for weight loss. I just felt I couldn't do it anymore. I nearly vomit every time I have to make a shake or soup and I just can't stomach them anymore.

I was planning on 2 maintenance bars/shakes a day and a no carb meal in the evening i.e. chicken and veg/Tuna salad. I was going to treat meal in evening like a shake or soup. I thought it was the way to go as I am feeling so run down (mouth ulcers, bleeding and sore gums, cracked lips not to mention the tummy problems)

So I went into get weighed this morning and had a chat with pharmacist and explained what I wanted to do and she was in agreement. She said if I stuck rigidly to 2 products and a low carb meal I WOULD lose weight.

That all changed when I stepped on the scales, She was delighted with my weight loss and urged me to stay on a few more weeks. So I decided to give it a shot. Its not about the food, its about not being able to keep down the shakes. I have actually vomited up a shake. If I could do 3 maintenance a day and no food I would do that but thats not allowed.

So I am armed with 2 flapjacks a day and soup/shake for the other one. Now I am glad I have stuck with it if I am honest as the TFR the weight just falls off. So I am taking it week to week. No long term plans just week to week.

I just wanted to put this out there so if someone is struggling in their first week and wants to quit they know they are not alone. I think I was too quick to think about quitting but for me having a planned escape route helps me stay on!

Niamh- I found I can't take the shakes as shakes and they make me sick. I take them like a mousse with a pint of water I don't know it that might help you. I can't help with the soups and they are vile!! The only other thing I would suggest is CD as I had an aunt do it and they have nicer flavours and do a programme with 2 shakes and a 500 cal veg and protien meal??

Hi ladies. Niamh I can totally sympathise with you. The shakes are absolutely turning me and the soup....well I'll not even go there lol. As post above states Cambridge do a variety of shakes bars, soups and porridges. and they are all lush compared to lipotrim. Plus u can buy readymade shakes for when on ur travels.
I only started lipotrim yesterday and chose it over CD because the chemist is like 10 miles closer to me than my CDC. And I also thought it was cheaper but when went to pay realised it was over £5 more. So I am now thinking it will definately be worth the extra trek to see my CDC every week. Don't think I could stomach another week on lipotrim.
Oh and yes There Is a step on CD that you can do and either have 4 packs a day or 3 and a small protein meal.
It's called sole source plus...

Anyway sorry if I rambled on there a bit lol but just wanted to let u know there are other options out there without turning green at the thought of a shake and being able to incorporate a small meal.

Good luck in whatever u decide to do pet xxx

Thank you all for your replies. I rang my local CDC and left a message so I am hoping she rings me back so I can have a chat with her about switching over.

Never even knew that the CD was available in Ireland til I looked up website. I'll let ye know outcome of phonecall.

Niamh said:
Thank you all for your replies. I rang my local CDC and left a message so I am hoping she rings me back so I can have a chat with her about switching over.

Never even knew that the CD was available in Ireland til I looked up website. I'll let ye know outcome of phonecall.

Good luck with it Niamh. I'm in co.Antrim and theirs only 2 CDC's in the whole of the north. Did u go online and look at the different plans they have available.?
My CDC is away in England at the minute but I'm hoping to contact her and see If she's back by Monday. Fingers crossed lol xx

Went online and they have such a wide choice. There is one about 35 miles from me but she is quite close to where my mum and dad live and I am in that area quite a bit anyway visiting them. So I hope I can get on that fairly soon. I just spent an hour psyching myself up to have a soup. Managed half of it before my stomach turned so threw the rest away. Then I vomited what I had drank so I don't know what to do now. Cant face another shake/soup.

Niamh said:
Went online and they have such a wide choice. There is one about 35 miles from me but she is quite close to where my mum and dad live and I am in that area quite a bit anyway visiting them. So I hope I can get on that fairly soon. I just spent an hour psyching myself up to have a soup. Managed half of it before my stomach turned so threw the rest away. Then I vomited what I had drank so I don't know what to do now. Cant face another shake/soup.

Oh luvvie that's not good :-(
Was there a phone number for the CDC aswell as the email.? If there is I would try calling her as maybe get a quicker response. I know I did when I first went to mine.
I'm soo cross at myself for not going straight back to mine instead of lipotrim. :-(
Oh well lesson learnt I suppose lol xx

Oops sorry Niamh I just read back over earlier post and u DID ring her... Sorry :) my head up my ass today lol x

LOL. Dont worry hun. I'm the same. Dont know me arse from me elbow today! I just have to suck it up and give myself a light slapping!!!

Niamh - so sorry you are struggling. Just a thought - why don't you have alook at the Slim and save website as they seem to ahve lots of choices including spaghetti bolognese and cottage pie as well as lots of bars, soups, shakes and porridge. You can order online without any supervision. I fancied the idea but as I said previously in another post I wasn't sure and liked the idea of the pharmacy weigh in etc. There is a Slim and save forum on min mims so may be worth a try. If you do do it please let me know what you think as I am still tempted - people on the forum rave about the spag bol!! Good luck with whatever you decide xx

Morning everyone,

Thanks for the advise and after much hemming and hawing (and eating a tin of tuna last night) I rang pharmacy this morning and spoke to Lipo Girl and she said to come in.

So I am now refeeding with a view to next week starting maintenance for weight loss next week.

She even swapped all my TFR products for Maintenance products. I am just over the moon and soooo much happier. So I hope now the weight comes off on the maintenance products. I know it will be slower but I dont mind that!

Thanks again to everyone for the advise!!!!

Well done for not giving up honey :) ...everyone has to do what's right for them in the end x x x

Back