Confessions of a eataholic.

I know eataholic isn't a real word but it should be. I'm addicted to eating and apparently when it comes to any addiction, the first step toward recovery is admitting the problem.

"My name is Michelle and I'm an eataholic!"

I don't eat too much during the day and I even skip breakfast but my problem is the evenings and munching on countless bags of crisps and drinking copious amounts of Coke.

I weigh 17.8 stone and I'm ashamed of what I have become. I've become a person I don't recognise when I look in the mirror. Was the food really worth this unhappiness? Was it worth the shame I feel when I catch a glimpse of myself in a shop window?. No is the answer and I'm not going to change that answer so I have to change the mindset I'm in now and I am determined to get over my addiction!

Watch this space for my confessions of an eataholic...

I officially start at group next Wednesday morning. I was going to try and do this on my own without group but after thinking long and hard about it I realise that I need the accountability of the group weigh in and the support it gives. I know that at the end of the day that I'm only accountable to myself but that's what got me to where I am today.

I'm not sure if any of you can relate to this but I honestly feel like I woke up a fat person that I don't recognise. I had shut my eyes to the weight gain and didn't realise (or didn't want to admit) just how big I've become. I know a few people who've lost major amounts of weight via slimming world and I'm very envious of them so I've decided to take control and get over this addiction of food! I'm going to do this and I can see a slimmer me in the future.

I joined my group today and felt very welcome. My new consultant is lovely and gives you so many ways to get hold of her. I'm feeling really positive and it's time I change my life.

I'm hoping to lose at least 1.5 stone before Christmas but other than that my only goal is to be healthy and happy.

Hi, glad you enjoyed going to group:)
going to try and join one myself soon, sometimes you can't just go it alone.
I understand you on not recognizing who you are!
good luck with your 1st week :)

Hi, glad you enjoyed going to group:)
going to try and join one myself soon, sometimes you can't just go it alone.
I understand you on not recognizing who you are!
good luck with your 1st week :)

Thank you I'm feeling great today and I'm also very positive about the week. Do you do the SW plan at home? Or are you looking into starting?

Thank you I'm feeling great today and I'm also very positive about the week. Do you do the SW plan at home? Or are you looking into starting?

I only really started again this week, and was planning on doing it at home, but so far its not going to good :( (mon and tues were ok), not enough planning i think, so am going to try and rejoin class, but that's dependant, on wether i can make it in time.
And am going to do do some preparation/planning @ the weekend.

Back