Confessions of a food-a-holic (Slimming World Style of course!)

Hi everyone,

I wanted to start posting my food diaries online, to give me the motivation to carry on. I am a serial re-joiner of SW and this is definitely my LAST time! I will get to target this time. I wouldn't say I was grossly overweight, I am currently 12st 7.5lbs, have been 13st 1 at one stage, lowest has been 11st 7lbs, I really want to get to 10st ideally, though I am not sure this will suit me, I will upload photos at a later stage. I get easily frustrated because there is very little difference in mine and my mums body frame, yet she weighs 9 and a half stone and I'm 3 stone heavier, she has wee skinny legs but other than that it is not justified!!

Current weight is 12st 7.5lbs, I want to lose 2st 7.5lbs at the moment, I am 5ft 7 and 23 years old.

I started back to class on Thursday October 25th, so will weigh in in 3 days time, I feel like I've done well this week, I will maybe start posting my diaries from saturday on as I don't think I can wait!

Happy reading, and please please please offer any tips/advice you may have :)

P xxx

Saturday 27th October - Green Day

I went to zumba this morning at 11am, hate eating before the gym so decided to have brunch when I got back!

Brunch: Fried potatoes, beans and 2 fried eggs

Snack: Black coffee and kit kat (5.5)

Dinner: Pitta Bread (devastated to discover my boyfriend bought asda's garlic and coriander pitta instead of wholemeal, after a mini-sulk I synned it at 8.5 :eek:
topped with tomato puree, 30g parmesan (A), 45g mozarella (A), caramelised onions and sauteed peppers. Served with cajun wedges and garlic and herb dip (Used my B choice on 110g Tesco extra light garlic and herb soft cheese, mixed with a little hot water to make it the right consistency).

Snacks: 2 x rocky road hifi (B)
2 glasses Black Tower 'B' Rose (11)

Syn total: 24.5 (Using my syns across the week so this is ok!!)

Exercise: 1 hour zumba

Sunday 28th October - Extra Easy

Breakfast: 2 x weetabix (B), 25g cornflakes (4 syns), 250ml milk (A)

Lunch: Stew (Potatoes, extra lean mince, carrots, onions, peas, stock)

Dinner: Had some more left over stew

Gosh I really didn't eat my superfree yesterday, in fact all I ate was stew :eek::eek::eek:
oops.

Went out for a walk and had tea and half a currant square (I'm counting it as 6 syns as it was essentially a mince pie square, and half a mince pie is around 6). My weekly syns is 80 so I have 25 left as a buffer zone for instances like this!!

Syns total: Cornflakes (4), Bun (6), Milk (3) = 13

Exercise: Half hour brisk walk (in the freezing cold down by the sea)

Will do better tomorrow!

Monday 29th October - Extra Easy

Breakfast: Sachet of quaker oats (B), 250ml milk (A), 1 tbsp golden syrup (2syns), apple

Snack: Dulse (I LOVE this stuff, just dried seaweed, bound to be superspeedy/superfree but I won't take my chances, just free)

Lunch: Stew (Oh dear god, but there is no more stew left in my house, I repeat NO MORE STEW!!), with strawberries (my superfree), mullerlight choc orange.

Syns so far: 2

Oops. So i disappeared for a few days, did not fall off the SW wagon, just the minimins wagon! Apologies. Unfortunately my mum had her first chemotherapy session last tuesday, and I didn't have time to come on and update my food diary, I will start afresh!

On a happy note, I weighed in on thursday, *drumroll* 5.5lbs GONE, never to be seen round here AGAIN!!

As it's been a few days, I will re-start my food diary from Saturday.

Saturday 3rd November - Extra Easy

Breakfast: 2 M&S mini wholemeal submarine roll with bacon, tomatoes, Ketchup (1 syn), with a clementine, followed by chopped strawberries and a lemon greek yoghurt (0.5 syns).

Had this mid-morning as went to Zumba at 11, therefore sort of filled me for breakfast and lunch.

Went shopping in the afternoon and stopped at Costa for a coffee, had a skinny primo latte (4.5 syns)

Dinner - Sticky chicken with vegetables and boiled basmati rice (3 syns).
This was DELICIOUS! The recipe can be found on the SW website, 3 tbsp honey, 3tbsp soy sauce and 3tbsp balsamic vinegar. (I used 2 of each as didn't use as much chicken as the recipe shows). Leave to marinate for around half an hour, in this time I fried up a few peppers and half a pack of stir fry veg, took those out of the wok and added the chicken mixture, then when the sauce was just turning sticky (for a while it looks like it won't thicken but it does!!), added all my veg back in and coated everything in the sticky sauce. SO delicious served with boiled rice!

Syns: Latte (4.5)
Dinner (3)
Mini crunchie (4)
Ketchup (1)
Yoghurt (0.5)

Healthy A: 250ml SS Milk
Healthy B: 2 x M&S mini wholemeal submarine rolls

Total: 13

I loved your stew obsession!

We have very similar stats (although I am much older!) although you are planning on getting much smaller than me!

Sunday 4th November - Extra Easy

Breakfast - 2 M&S Rolls (B choice) with bacon, tomatoes and brown sauce (1 syn), clementine (not quite a third but I wasn't hungry)

Lunch - Leftover Sticky Chicken (1 syn)

Dinner - Chicken Lasagne, SW chips, Salad and Coleslaw (10 syns)

So dinner arrived in our house tonight, no idea what to make, wanted to do a nice curry as we had chicken breasts though didn't give myself enough time to marinade my chicken! When i suggested chicken lasagne my sister was somewhat taken aback, (chicken, lasagne, together...?). Went out in search of a cheese sauce mix, local shop to my horror didn't have any so came home with a dolmio white sauce instead. To be honest, the best thing I could have done! The whole jar is 23 syns (steep i know, but between 6 that's only 4 syns each). So i fried up my chicken, with onions, peppers, mushrooms, aubergine (the same as I do with spag bol, chuck any soft veg in the fridge that has seen better days into the mix), mixed in a tin of tomatoes with basil, a carton of passata, some garlic, 1 chicken oxo followed by 2 spag bol oxos, salt, pepper and a dash of balsamic vinegar and worchestershire sauce. Basically used the same sauce as I do for my spag bol. Then assembled my lasagne, (had a few mishaps about which layers go in which order, in the end i didn't care), put a layer of the chicken in a casserole dish, topped with my dry lasagne sheets, then some more chicken followed by white sauce (which I'd thinned down slightly with boiling water), then pasta, then chicken then white sauce! Topped with 6syns worth of half-fat cheddar, and 6 syns worth of parmesan, in the oven for 40 mins.....OMG. Hands down the best lasagne i have had for a VERY long time. I have dabbled in the best with the yoghurt and fromage frais white sauce concoction, never again! I will happily use 4 syns on real white sauce. I would like to upload a picture if I find out how, so overall the lasagne was 35 syns, in 6 portions, 6 syns :)
Served with real coleslaw :O (4 syns worth, and worth every single one), with lots of chips and lots of salad!

Syns: Dinner (10)
Sauce (1)
Sticky chicken (1)
8 mikados (4)
Treatsize caramel (4)

Total: 20 syns (I use a weekly total so please don't be alarmed ;) )

5c0tht.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Monday 5th October - Extra Easy

Quite unusual for me to do EE on a weekday, normally I've reverted back to my green or red ways, however leftover lasagne called me from the fridge, and alas I gave in!

Breakfast - 2xWeetabix (Healthy B), Milk (A), Banana, clementine

Lunch - Lasagne (4 syns - mixed my Healthy extra of milk with the 2 syns of cheese on the lasagne, hence having only 2/3 of the usual 250ml allowance of SS Milk), lots of salad leaves, tomatoes, red pepper. Followed by a muller greek lemon yoghurt (0.5), a clementine, and a kiwi.

Dinner - Chicken, peppers, onions, garlic, aubergine, mushrooms, served with SW wedges and tbsp bbq sauce (1syn).

Syns: Yoghurt (0.5)
Lasagne (4)
BBQ sauce (1)
Dairy Milk fruit and nut (10)

Drinks: 2250ml water
1 x peppermint tea

IMG_20121104_183031.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all,

Just checking in to update my food diary for today, back to red days as sometimes EE over the weekends can leave me feeling a bit bloated. I have a confession to make as well, jumped on my scales this morning (I know, I know, slap on the wrist!!), 0.5lb off, half a measly pound. I have been good so far, I didn't eat bread last week except for the Saturday night pitta and I ate bread for breakfast 3 mornings this week, I'm wondering if that could be why! Oh well, still 2 days till weigh in!

Tuesday 6th November - Red

Breakfast - Clementine x 2, weetabix (B), Milk (A)

Lunch - Subway sweet onion chicken teriyaki salad (such a mouthful to say at the counter, ha!) (5 syns)

At the moment dinner will be cottage pie topped with butternut squash, but I will update later. Didn't want to forget what I've eaten so far!

Dinner - cottage pie topped with butternut squash, with lettuce and tomatoes.

Snacks: 2 x hifi bars (healthy b) and crisps (3 syns)

Drinks: 3litres water
1 x coffee
1 x peppermint tea

IMG_20121107_125325.jpg

Last edited:
On a separate note, my staff Christmas do is coming up, this is where we are going: http://www.thefourwinds.co.uk/pdfs/winebarmenu.pdf What would anyone recommend off that menu? I would like to be good, not positively saintly, but good. As I want to enjoy my drinks, and my graduation falls the same week so I'd rather indulge on a nice meal with my family at a restaurant i can choose! Thanks :sign0009:

I love the four winds restaurant!! R u from that area?? From there menu i would go for a steak and ask for it to come with mash or baby boil potatoes. Some times when i am out i have the fajitas but instead of wraps i ask for it to come with rice. You could try that if you wanted something different. I Think it would be far better to indulge with your family for your graduation.

Hi Starburst! Yeah well I'm from out near Newcastle direction but work down the Saintfield Road! I was thinking steak, or the asian pork with noodles, I know it'd have syns but compared to the rest of the menu it wouldn't be as bad! I am pretty sure they'll be offering a Christmas menu for us to look at soon too, but I'm usually turkeyed out by the time the Christmas party comes around! Where are you from? x

Wednesday 7th October - Red

Breakfast: 2 x weetabix (B), Milk (A)

Lunch: Leftover cottage pie (Cheese as part of HexA), lettuce leaves, green pepper, tomatoes
Chopped up pineapple, 1 kiwi

Dinner: 2 x salmon steaks in a sticky glaze (same as sticky chicken recipe) (2 syns), with 200g baby boils (B) and roasted veg

Drinks: 3 litres water
2 x coffee

Syns: A couple of dipped fingers in chocolate ganache (I bake cupcakes as a little earner, and last night called for Terry's choc orange cupcakes, I had to dip my finger in to make sure it wasn't poisonous...!! :angeldevil: But my 25 syn buffer zone for the week will keep this under check!

These are what I had to taste *just to make sure* :)

IMG_20121108_111043.jpg IMG_20121107_181420.jpg

Last edited:
I am from Saintfield originally. I now live in east Belfast though. U do get turkeyed out by the time it comes round after all you get it everywhere in the run up to xmas lol. The only thing i thought about the the pork noodles they are in a sticky sauce which might be high in syns. x

Back