Confessions of a lazy girl. Is anyone else realllllly lazy?

Josiecat

Silver Member
I have realised that I am incredibly lazy.

I got to work (as a teacher) get my day out of the way and I am out of the door at 3pm, normally with a pile of marking to do.

I get home, sit down, play about on my laptop, make tea and then either watch tv or surf the net. The school marking always gets left until another day.

I never do any tidying up in the evening and by the weekend it normally needs a good clean and I literally blitz it with my husband but cut corners wherever I can and half the time I leave the spare bedrooms or even my own bedroom sometimes.

I am just lazy, pure and simple. I am not proud of it and I want to change but I just feel unable to.

Tell me I am not alone!

I am so lazy. I only have to work 3 days a week (but am out of the house for 19 hours on these days) and so spend my days off when oh is in work in bed watching tv.... I'm so naughty....

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

There are days where I'll just sit on the sofa with a book and let the kids wreck the place, but as soon as my eyes are off that book.... oh Lord. The mess drives me mad. I have to clean up.
But hey, it's pointless trying to have a show home when you have three kids, one of which is a toddler.
*shrug*

I dont think you are lazy.

1. you have a fulltime job (a job that shapes lives)
2. you cook to feed your family daily
3. You" blitz" your house every weekend (which suggests a thorough and regular clean)

However, YOU sound as though you would like to feel better about yourself. Perhaps looking online at ways of getting your house in order would do that for you.

There is a site that deals with just that which gets great reviews. Mrs busy bee or Mrs fast flea ! Neither names are right but someone reading this will know the one Im thinking of and enlighten us !

Good luck !

Last edited:
I am the laziest person on the planet, well as you can be with 5 kids lol housework is like a foreign language to me, I'd much rather take the 2 small ones to a toddler group. I occasionally have a really good week where I blitz everything and stay on top of everything then the eagerness tails off part of me wishes I could be more house proud the other part of me thinks but what fun would that be :p

I'm also a teacher, and am also very lazy at home! I like to get all schoolwork done at school so I don't need to bring anything home with me. My OH isn't working at the moment, so he cooks the tea and does most of the housework. We live in a 2 bedroom flat, so cleaning etc doesn't take very long. We don't have any kids either (I get enough of them at work ;)). When I get in from work, we go for a walk for about 45 minutes and when we get back, that's it. I do nothing active for the rest of the evening. I watch TV, go online, read, play with my cats etc Lazy or what?!

I'm kind of lazy... I love the internet. and watching tv shows or films while knitting. BUT on the other hand, I cook from scratch, spend time with my daughter and would prefer to walk into town rather than spend money on a bus. daughter being the most important thing. I figure, my mum spent time with all 4 of us and our house was a tip, BUT I can look back on wonderful times blackberrying, having picnics etc. I want the same for my daughter.

There is a site that deals with just that which gets great reviews. Mrs busy bee or Mrs fast flea ! Neither names are right but someone reading this will know the one Im thinking of and enlighten us !

Good luck !

www.flylady.com! She's a bit cheesy and very American, but her method is fabulous!

I'm only lazy because my bf is lazy. He is under the impression that because he works full time he can be as lazy as he likes and spend the weekends in bed watching films and not do any housework, because weekends are for fun apparently, so why should I bother :rolleyes: then during the week he thinks because he's been at work all day he shouldn't have to do laundry or tidy up. Fair enough he cooks most of the time, but why is all the housework left to me?? I get 2 days off college and it's not enough time to clean a bathroom, bedroom, living room AND study, write up notes, prepare for the next lesson etc, because he expects me to pick him up from work at 3pm on my days off, which means I have from 8 - 9am when I get up til about 2.30pm to do all of this, it's impossible :mad: and if I suggest a quick tidy up on a Saturday all hell breaks loose!!!!!!!! And I can't study in the evenings because I'm supposed to spend time with him :rolleyes: get accused of being ignorant if I'm not paying attention to whatever rubbish he sticks on TV :mad:

Rant over. Well it's not but I'm going off topic lol. Basically I'm lazy because he is, why should I bother when he doesn't? He can wear his dirty laundry over and over again til he takes the hint! :D

Everyone deserves to have lazy days...and weeks! After all it's hard work losing weight...lol :D

Won't say I'm lazy but I'm fed up!! Myself and OH work opposite shifts, I'm nights and him days. Everyday I get up, clean, cook, tidy up again, shower and go to work. My house is anything from spotless but when I come home, his shoes are everywhere, clothes on couch, fingerprints on mirror in bathroom, soap scum on tiles, etc. it drives me crazy! At one stage there was a tissue on the floor of sitting room, it was his, I waited for a week for him to pick it up and he never did, lol. At this stage, I've gave up and don't want to spend all my free time cleaning so I look around me and have got very down in the dumps because I can't handle doing all the cleaning over and over again. Oh another story was, one night at 5am I was on my knees scrubbing the kitchen floor which he seen me do, I go to work the next night, come home to muck stains everywhere which I thought was dogs crap, I said to him watch where he was walking outside because he just walked that into the kitchen, he was like, nah it's only muck! MUCK??? If you seen the muck on the kitchen floor after watching me scrub it on my knees the night before, clean it up, aargh!

I'm sorry for ranting on your tread just couldn't help myself once I started lol.

Maybe you need a few nights away for yourself and your OH, a break does wonders for your mind x

I am possibly one of the laziest people ever!
My husband does the washing, ironing, and hoovering.
I cook for me and my son and he washes up (allegedly) I sometimes tidy the kitchen!
I clean the bathroom and downstairs cloakroom.
I shop online and try not to have to put it away!

But I have bursts and once I start I cannot stop!
Unfortunately they aren't often enough!

For me, creating a clean/tidy/organised home is just like being slimmer. They feel so good and I get a buzz from both

Sadly they elude me equally.

My home is rarely tidy and I feel dispairing sometimes when I look at it

I am rarely slim and I feel likewise towards myself.

The big,big,big difference being that with a mop and bucket,some Mr sheen and a couple of hours of elbow grease my house looks beautiful and my mood is transformed.

I am possibly one of the laziest people ever!
My husband does the washing, ironing, and hoovering.
I cook for me and my son and he washes up (allegedly) I sometimes tidy the kitchen!
I clean the bathroom and downstairs cloakroom.
I shop online and try not to have to put it away!

But I have bursts and once I start I cannot stop!
Unfortunately they aren't often enough!

If you decide to flog him can I have first refusal ?

I am so tired most of the time I can not keep my eyes open in the evenings........

Yup me *puts hand up*

I have no problem doing things I like, I have plenty time for them ;) however I simply hate tidying and cleaning! *sigh*

I also love shopping especially for bargains (I buy most of my clothes off ebay the only place I usually pay full price for anything is Primark!) but am a terrible clothes hoarder I just buy more but hate throwing any out! :( I need someone to come do it for me please! x

Wish I had a slave to do the cleaning and the cooking for me......

In my defence, I am at work for between 50-56 hours a week. I do work hard as the only full timer, I also am main shopper/carer for my mum who is housebound, as well as Mum to Sam 15.
Paul works similar hours poor man :(

I find I can never get EVERYTHING done. The surfaces may be sparkling, but the floor isn't mopped. The washing might be done but the ironing could wait for days.... The house might be tidy, but the windows are grubby....I work shifts (midwife), so I can't get into a system that works. Drives me crazy coz I'm by nature a tidy person... Help!!!!

Back