Confessions of a Serial Dieter......

Nia_B79

This is my 2nd and hopefully last attempt at keeping a diary and reaching my target weight.

I did start a diary last year but my personal life spun out of control and I was thrown into a dark place and its kinda taken until now for me to start feeling myself again. When I started a diary last year I weighed around 13st.4lbs since then I have managed to lose 2st through healthy eating and lots of exercise. The lowest weight I've achieved was 11stone but unfortunately I've lost control and gone back up to 11.07 :-( I hope by keeping this diary I can regain some control and lose the weight again and finally get to where I want to be.

So let me introduce myself...I'm a 34 year old single female, I've been single for nearly a year and I absolutely hate it, I'm starting to think that I'll never find my Mr Right and I'm destined to be single forever :-(. I thought that losing weight would make me feel more confident and that it would solve all my problems and even though I've lost 2st I'm still not happy with myself and still have low self esteem.

I'm hoping to continue losing weight through healthy eating and exercise. I use MFP to keep a track on the calories I consume at the moment I'm staying within 1200 and trying not to eat back my exercise calories. I enjoy cooking and I often look out for slimming world recipes to try out. I have a treadmill and I walk/jog 5 times a week, next week I'm gonna make it a little more interesting by setting myself a challenge of doing 100 ab crunches daily for 14 days which I hope will tone up my jelly belly a little!!!

So here's what I've eaten today.....

B Porridge made with skimmed milk topped with a banana and raisins; mug of coffee

L Homemade Leek and Potato soup; apple

D Vegetable soup; x 3 ryvita with low low cracked black pepper cheese spread

Snacks: 2x plums; 2x Jaffa Cake Bars (naughty)

Drinks: 4 x coffee; 2x no added sugar Orange Squash

Exercise: 45 min brisk walk on the treadmill

Once I figure out how to upload photos I'll be uploading photos of my meals :) Ideally I would like to get down to 10stone, I know it's not going to be easy but I'm going to give it my best shot and hopefully I might start feeling better about myself.

Hi Nia :) i am here to subscribe :) As far as Mr right goes - he will come when he comes. Unfortunatly people have t go through a lot of Mr Wrongs before they meet Mr Right. Look forward to following your journey :)

Hi Guys and welcome to my ramblings about food, life issues and general chit chat :) Yaaay it's Friday and the weekend is here, nothing interesting planned just a quiet one for me.

I'm in a 'can't be bothered' kinda mood and have given the treadmill a miss tonight, I'm sure one night away from it won't do me any harm!

Not been a bad day today and I'm feeling positive about my journey ahead :) Even if it takes me months/years to get to where I want to be every effort is a step in the right direction. Thinking back to 8 years ago I used to weigh 17.4lbs and and today as I sit here typing I'm 11st something, I guess I shouldn't be so hard on myself as that's quite an achievement and I feel proud to have achieved it :) I guess I'm my own harshest critic and I need to somehow find a way to be happy with myself and not care what others think about me. Hopefully keeping this diary and writing things down might help me along the way. As for being single, yes it sucks not having that special person in my life but I need to be happy with myself before even thinking about looking for a relationship, so for the time being I'm going to concentrate on me :)

Going to be brave and step on the scales tomorrow morning, Saturday can be my official weigh in day from now on. I'm not following any specific plan just going to concentrate on healthy eating and exercise.

Here's my menu for today :)

B Porridge made with skimmed milk with chopped banana and raisins - I love this, it's my comfort food; coffee

L HM leek and potato soup; apple; Dolce Gusto Latte

D Frittata - made with sliced potato, onions, broccoli, peas and sweet corn, eggs and a dash of milk; HM coleslaw;

Snacks Plums x2; pack of walkers baked crisps

Drinks Orange squash x2; coffee x4 - I'm addicted to to stuff lol

Going to put me feet up now and catch up with some Friday night tv :)

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Good morning and happy Saturday :)

Weigh in day today..........and the scales are showing 11st.6.... Not bad I guess but I doubt I will lose anything much by next week as I have a meal out next Friday with some friends, so my aim this week is to stay the same and if I do end up losing then it'll be a bonus. Going to be extremely good all week and all day Friday and just hope for the best for next Saturday's weigh in :)

Off out in a min to get some stuff from Tesco, going to leave the car at home and walk :) Need to pick up some ingredients to make some wholemeal scones as I will be attempting to bake a batch of them this afternoon. I've listed all the ingredients on MFP and each scone should be around 100 cals, so it'll kinda be healthy treat.

Anyhow here's my menu for today.......

B Porridge made with skimmed milk with mashed banana and raisins; x2 coffee

L LO frittata and coleslaw

D Home made veg curry (sweet potato, onions, mushrooms, carrots, cauliflower, peas, garlic, chillies, sweetcorn, chopped tomatoes, tomato pure, oxo stock cube and lots of curry powder - all thrown in the slow cooker); basmati rice

Drinks: coffee and orange squash through out the day

Snacks: HM wholemeal scone fresh out of the oven once I've baked them :)

It's 9:30am and I'm already on my 3rd coffee - I am totally addicted to the stuff!!

Been busy this morning making a batch of veg soup for next weeks lunches, it smells divine and so much better than the tinned stuff :)

My scones turned out well, or should I say mini scones. Gave most of them to my mum so going to indulge in a scone and milky coffee when I go and see her later.

Nothing planned today, looking forward to watching some rugby this afternoon, I'm a neutral supporter today I don't mind if either Scotland or Ireland win. Well done to Wales yesterday for beating Italy :) Also, well done England, it's gonna be one hell of a game on the 16th March....can't wait :)

Here's my meal plan for today:

B Scrambled Egg, mushrooms and tomato

L wholemeal scone, milky coffee and a banana

D LO veg curry with rice

Drinks: coffee; squash

Will probably do some interval training on the treadmill later followed by 100 ab crunches, starting the week as I mean to go on :) Determined to complete my 100 ab crunches daily challenge and if I'm feeling really brave might throw in 100 half press ups in the mix. I CAN DO THIS :)

Another excellent day today, it feels good being back on track and hopefully I can see this through to a size 8/10 (currently 12) this time.

Here's what I've eaten today:

B Scrambled Eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes; coffee

L Homemade Veg soup, 2x ryvita, 1 laughing cow triangle

D Slow cooked beef stew (carrots, parsnips, potatoes, onions, swede, stewing beef, oxo cube and lots of seasoning all thrown in the slow cooker and left to perfect all day)

Snacks: Apple; Banana

Drinks: coffee, squash

Exercise: 45 mins on treadmill

Well done with your ongoing achievements. I've got about the same amount of weight left to lose so will check in and read.

Epic fail yesterday and had an almighty binge and i feel absolutely disappointed with myself :-( Just as I thought I was getting somewhere I have to go and ruin it.

I don't even know why I did it, but I did feel sick afterwards and today I'm feeling bloated and yucky :-( I need to remember this feeling because if there is another binge moment I need to remind myself how bad I feel and try and avoid it.

Dreading stepping on those scales Saturday morning but it has to be done otherwise I'm just burying my head in the sand. I need to face it head on and just deal with it.

Today's menu.......

B Porridge made with skimmed milk and a handful of raisins.

L Tuna, sweetcorn, pasta with a blob of salad cream to bind it

D Veg curry, sweet potato and white potato chips done in the actifry and maybe some broccoli on the side

Snacks: Banana mid afternoon

Drinks: coffee, lots of water, squash

Exercise: 45 mins jog/walk on treadmill

It's been a hectic week last week, started a new job and had a birthday weekend away with a few friends. The healthy lifestyle went out of the window and I feel absolutely rotten after all the junk and alcohol I've consumed :-(

As of today I'm back on my 'size 10 super skinny jeans mission'

Here's what I've consumed today...

B Porridge made with skimmed milk and water topped with honey

L Tuna, sweetcorn, peppers, pasta and salad cream

D Smoked salmon and mushroom omelette, mixed salad leaves, cucumber, tomato, salad cream

Snacks: 1x rich tea biscuit, small piece of birthday cake

Drinks: coffee, water, squash

Exercise: 45mins walking/jogging on the treadmill

On the whole it's not been a bad day and hopefully I can be good for the rest of the week and beyond :)

It's grate being back on track even though its only Tuesday!! Need to stay on the straight and narrow now and remember why I'm doing this!!

Need to find my confidence and get over my low self-esteem, I know losing weight is not the solution but being able to go out in a size 10 pair of jeans and not worry about what others think will help. At the moment I just feel so darn ugly and I'm constantly paranoid about what others think of me, it's no wonder I'm single :-(

Here's my menu today (a big pat on the back for me for going 2 says without bingeing - keep it up)

B Porridge made with water and skimmed milk with honey, coffee

L Ham salad with light mayo, skinny latte

D Small baked potato, 3x fish fingers, mushy peas (weird combination but I am looking forward to it :) )

Snacks: Banana

Drinks: water, lots of instant coffee, squash

Exercise: 45 mins on the treadmill

Over and out for today!!!

Another day going well, my mini goal is to keep this up until the end of the month and then treat myself to a meal out in Nando's. Not going to bother weighing myself as it'll probably make me all depressed, just going to carry on with the healthy eating and exercise. I'll more than likely weigh myself at the end of March, I know that I've piled on the pounds over the last couple of weeks and when I step on those scales at the end of march I'll probably be disappointed but at least I'm trying my best to sort it all out!!

My menu for today:

B Banana,

L Chicken and Veg soup and a bread roll, Special K cereal bar

D Chicken, broccoli, green beans, carrots and parsnips done in the actifry, gravy

Drinks: lots of water, lots of coffee, squash

Snacks: none

Exercise: 45 mins on treadmill

Size 10 super skinny jeans I'm coming to get ya ;-)

Here's my plan for today.........

B Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs - it was well lush!!!

L Pasta in a creamy mushroom sauce with peppers - it's a Heinz microwave thingy not the healthiest but checked the calories and it wasn't too horrific, quick and easy!!!

D Quorn sausages, mash, peas and gravy - proper comfort food :)

Snacks: none - I'm being a good little girl!!!

Drinks: lots of water and coffee - need my caffeine!!!!

Exercise: 45 mins on treadmill - going back to basics and starting week 1 of the 10k trainer but will walk for an additional 15mins!!!

Looking good for today - best get ready for work :-( Wish the weekend would hurry up!!!!

Here's today's menu:

Breakfast: Porridge made with water and skimmed milk, squeeze of honey

Lunch: Pea and mint soup, salt and vinegar snack a jacks

Dinner: chicken, peppers, onion and sweetcorn in a reggae reggae sauce, noodles

Snack: none (my halo is shinning!!!)

Drinks: lots of water, coffee and squash

Exercise: 45 mins on treadmill - week 1, day 2 of the 10k trainer.

Definitely feeling better this week and the urge for binge eating has passed. I will succeed this time :)

Nice one Nia_B79!

Thank you :)

It's Saturday and I have a full afternoon of rugby to watch :) C'mon wales we can do this :)

Off into town first to do a bit of food shopping - I hate food shopping, lots of yummy goodies to tempt me away from my size 10 mission!! Staying focused today an even though the rugby is on I shall not touch a drop of the customary cider. I'm being boring and staying in to watch the game today - just me and the cats!!

Here's my plan for today.....

Breakfast - Just a coffee as I need to go into town shortly

Brunch - 2x Quorn sausage, 2x fry light eggs, actifry cubed potato, mushrooms, chopped tomatoes - yummy shall be looking forward to that.

Dinner - Chicken stew - threw a load of veg, chicken, stock, herbs and seasoning in the slow cooker and going to let it cook all day. Should be ready by half time of the Wales v England match :) C'mon Cymru x

Right best get my rugby top on and then off into town :)

Failed - was out shopping and saw some Magners berry cider on offer. Oh well it is the weekend and its an important rugby match - one won't hurt!!!! :)

RBS 6 Nations 2013 Champions - CYMRU aka slambusters!!!

An absolutely awesome afternoon of rugby yesterday, so proud of being Welsh :) Feeling on top of the world today.......onwards and a dress size down hopefully :)

I did have a sneaky bottle of berry cider yesterday and it was absolutely lovely but it was a day for celebrating. Other than the alcohol I did well, made sure I eat loads of fruit and veg and no sugary snacks.

My mini mission this coming week is to eat 3 healthy balanced meals a day and snack only on fruit, drink lots of water so that I can have lovely flowing healthy skin.

Had a healthy breakfast of porridge made with part water and part almond milk with a squeeze of honey - it was absolutely delish!!!!! Will definitely be using almond milk again in future but obviously I'll stick with skimmed milk for my coffee.

Going out for Sunday lunch today, so it lol probably be roast beef with all the trimmings - dread to think about the calorie content but as long as I'm good during the week this should not make much of a difference.

Going to really get stuck in with the 10k trainer on the treadmill next week and try and push myself beyond the limit, I'll also try and throw a bit of resistance training in to try and tone up my flabby bits!!!!!

Time to get serious this week and drop a dress by the summer........size 10 I'm coming to get you with a vengeance ;-)

Though I'd update this before going to work, if I write everything down beforehand then I'm more than likely to stick with it. Getting serious today and getting rid of all the weight once and for all!!

Here's my menu for today......

Breakfast: scrambled eggs with mushrooms and chopped tomatoes

Lunch: tuna, cucumber, sweetcorn, pasta mayo

Dinner: Homemade Pea and mint soup

Snacks: banana, tangerine

Drinks: water, coffee, squash

Exercise: 30 mins 10k trainer on the treadmill, followed by 2 sets of squats, ab crunches, push ups

The only way is downwards!!!!!!

Breakfast: Porridge made with water and almond milk and a squeeze of honey

Lunch: Tuna, sweetcorn, pasta and a blob of light mayo

Dinner: Chicken, mushrooms, onions, mixed peppers with a dash of reggae reggae sauce, noodles - hoping there will be enough left over for lunch tomorrow.

Snacks: tangerine, banana

Drinks: water, coffee

Exercise: 45mins walk covering a distance of 5k on the treadmill.

All good today :)

Back