confidence !!!!

audfen

Hi all how do you get the confidence back after you have lost weight. I struggle a lot with gaining confidence i am 3 lbs away from target but i still lack confidence. I do have a progressive eye condition which could leave me blind and because of this ive never had much confidence i am so pleased with how well ive done on SW but i wish i could gain the confidence to

Hi,
First of all, well done on getting so close to target. Well done, I'm sure you feel proud when you think of how far you come.

The confidence issue-I think this is something that all of us struggle with throughout our journey. I know for me, losing weight has given me epic highs as well as major lows. There are days when I feel great, am pleased with how I look and appreciate how far I've come. There are other days when I think I look absolutely awful and that I'll never get to how I want to look. Obviously these moods affect my confidence on that day.

I think we imagine that losing weight will sort every issue in our lives and it doesn't. I know that I had in my head when I started that when I got to 9st 7lbs everything would be super, I could wear what I wanted and would look fab in everything-it didn't work like that, and I'm not sure no matter how much weight I lost that I will ever feel 100% happy but I'm starting to think it's 'normal'. Everyone has their issues, it's trying to focus on the positive as much as possible that's important. No ones perfect, everyone has their flaws but it's trying to look past those and look at the good stuff.

To those who 'know me' I'm aware I sound completely hypocritical here as I often find it hard to take my own advice but that's one of my own struggles that I have to deal with on my journey :) I'm getting there.

No matter what, just remember how far you've come. You're 3 tiny lbs from your target weight. That's an amazing achievement and on days when you're lacking confidence you should totally focus on this. You've done brilliantly.

Thank you so much for your reply i cant thank you enough for that your post has lifted my spirits. You arr so right we need to concentrate on the positive and how far we have come. My husband and i are going to a dinner dance in November i bought a red dress its a dress i would never ever have had the confidence to try it on now all i need is the confidence to actually go ahead with wearing it. Ill probably chicken out on the night and wear something else xx

You've worked so hard to get this far and very well done for your achievement, would being able to wear a lovely dress not be a fantastic reward for your hard work. Im sure you will look gorgeous.

audfen - first of all congratulations on your fantastic achievement with your weight loss. 3lbs is a miniscule amount to lose to target and you can so do it. Confidence is something that comes from within us, and i'm not sure anyone can tell you how to be confident if its not in your nature. I'm sure your husband tells you how fab you look and how proud he is of you. You should be proud of yourself and im sure once you have your hair and makeup done, you will look a million dollars in your dress. The comments you receive on how lovely you look will boost your confidence and make you smile from the inside out. Be brave and go for it, the dress could be the beginning of the new inner YOU. Have a fab time at the dinner dance, you will be the belle of the ball hun

The way to be confident is to pretend that you are! I can assure you that loads of people out there who look supremely confident are just acting.

So if you don't think you are confident enough to wear the red dress, pretend to be the sort of person who IS confident enough. Practise in front of a mirror as if you were rehearsing for a part in a play. You will fool everyone else - and the best thing is that sooner or later you will believe it yourself!

Thank you all so much for the comments i am so pleased this forum is here is great to talk to people on similar journey. I would love to have the confidence to share a photo the night of the dinner dance with you all i hope i can. Thank you all again for the lovely comments xxx

Just one week to the dinner dance. I have booked tan for wednesday and hair appointment booked for friday im excited about it but also sooooo nervous xx

Back