Conflicting Information

dukannotsofatty

Gold Member
Hi All, I know that Dukan changes his rules according to countries etc., but in looking for information to help me I am getting totally bamboozled. I am in UK so following UK rules of course.

For instance

Sesame Seeds - seen a recipe for Cruise with them in, I didn't think we could have them.

Chewing Gum/Sugar Free Coke - I read that I can have these unlimited, yet a site has said only 5 a day of sugar free items (which includes SF sweets), with only 3 glasses of the coke as a maximum in one day.

Wheatbran - I can't find a definative answer in the Dukan Book, but a site said 1 tbs a day. how does this work when its added to recipes like Muffins/Bread.

Thats all I can think of at the moment, but am sure there were more and will come back again and ask. if anyone can help answer the above conflictions for me I would be hugely greatful.

xx

I *think* that the list of tolerated items have changed over time as Dr Dukan progressed with the diet so you may be looking at sites containing old information versus those containing new ones.

Wheatbran is tolerated if you have constipation, likewise, rhubharb. I'm not sure about quantity though, sorry.

I didn't think sesame seeds were allowed, but I may be wrong.

As for SF stuff, I think the latest info out there is that they are unlimited.

i've got the North America version, which came out later than the UK and European ones, and there are some diffs (like pork). I agree that the changes are more about the dukan team discovering new things over time than which country you're in.

for example, my book says that you can have 2tbs of oatbran during Cruise, but i've seen on other sites that this has been dropped back to 1.5tbs??

i don't know if it's worth obsessing about finding the 100% correct version of the plan. but keep recording your menus and if you get stalled, try cutting the questionable items.

Bless you both, thank you so much for that. I think I will just stick to the two tolerated items a day and if I use wheatbran in a recipe count it as my daily portion, (most recipes are for more than one portion, so thats more than one day ;) )

Sounds advice Dukanista I will record what i eat, I haven't done that this week, but if I find myself sticking I will do exactly that.

Glad to help. Have you started a diary? You don't have to write down every little thing but it's great to share and compare with the group. And motivating to look back at your own progress!

No I haven't started diary cos I would start to feel too much pressure to update it LOL, I always end up with that problem. Will see how I go, can always do one later on .
thansk forhelp x

hello there!

I'd definitely forget about sesame seeds (even if he is now allowing them! pfft! :))

Sugar free sweets and gum (with sorbitol in) have an unfortunate effect on me if I have more than five per day... I'd stick to that maximum if I were you. Same with Diet Coke.

Wheatbran is now tolerated (1 tablespoon per day). In my day, it was allowed from the outset and every day but it is carby and as he gradually allows other carbs to slip in, this has become a tolerated.

Oatbran is 2 tablespoons per day in Cruise, 1.5 now in Attack. Again, a change from my day...

It must be a nightmare starting out now but, as someone said above, make a note of potentially dubious products and cut back on those when/if your weight loss slows.

Good luck!

Hi thanks, I've decided to try limit my cokes to the three a day. With my water, coffee and bedtime hotchoc it means I'm def getting my 1.5ltrs minimum. I have maybe 2-3 of the sweets thru out the day, but its mainly as an after meal sweet treat as i find I need something sometimes to combat the savoury. I do like the Lo Jelly but have limited that too as per book.

I'm doing ok with losing weight so far, so I'll keep a big eye on it.

thanks again xx

yeah, me too on the artificial sweeteners although i find Splenda is better for my system. 1.5l liquid is good, K, but aim for 2l and you'll feel a lot better. it really helps with all the extra protein and keeps you full too.

Cx

You can get it in Morissons, Sainsbury's, marks's and waitrose Jan.

I also bought a big bottle of hazlenut SF syrup from Costa and use that for desserts and drinks.

Blimey 2 litres, I'd be peeing for england LOL.

I measured a cup at the begining of dieting and need to have 6 beakers for my 1.5lt. I'm probably drinking more like 7 a day, and with milk in porridge, and foods I reckon I'm not far from the 2lts, I'm getting up twice a night at least for a wee, its tiring me out. LOL

yes, but you're flushing away all those nasty fat cells at the same time :D.

Blimey if that works I'll sit on the loo all day LOL.

Back