Confused About Amount of Carbs In Exante

Lanarkwitch

Gold Member
I think the carb content on the bars may be misleading because if you add up the carbs in 2 shakes/soups and a bar = approx 62grams, a lot of people would struggle to get anywhere near ketosis on that so I suspect that as most people do get into ketosis there must be ingredients in the bar that don't affect blood sugar levels but still count as carbs, in essence 62g is not the net carb value.

Does anyone have any more details on this, because if 62g is the real carbs number it explains a lot about my 18 days of hunger and crappy weightloss the last week or so

62g is really ok in terms of ketosis. I think thats pretty much on a par with the others... usually between 60/70 is a good guide for ketosis.

Your weight loss isnt crappy by any means. Week 2 is famously slow, and 10lbs is brilliant for the first week. To be honest whether youre in ketosis or not youll still lose weight, most of the weight loss is purely down to the massive calorie deficit on a VLCD. You could never be in ketosis and still have good losses. Unfortunately VLCDs are also the same as other diets in theres good weeks and bad. Ive had 2 weeks where I lost 1lb but made up for it the next week :)

Thanks for coming back Starlight, the slow losses I can deal with and I know that unfortunately some weeks are very slow despite being 100%, but if it's between 60 and 70 then theres no way I'm in ketosis as I could never go above about 45g net carbs when lo carbing previously, then it becomes an issue that all I'm doing is massively slashing calories and explains why I am starving a lot of the time.

Let's see what week 3 weigh in brings on Sunday...fingers crosssed

Ouch! I know I couldnt do this diet if I was carb intolerant like that. Im, I think, like most people who so long as I stay under 70g seem to be fine

Yes if I pick up a bag of pasta at the shop I gain weight lol!!

Hubs is a low carber and he can actually eat an ornage club biscuit and stay in ketosis, how annoying is that!

I am another sceptic of the carb level being suitable for me, even though I have had reasonable losses, so I have modified what I'm doing accordingly to being more like lipotrim's level of carbs (40-45) by replacing a pack with half a can of tuna and a multivitamin. I know this is not officially recommended, but I am intelligent enough to make my own decisions about what I put in my mouth.

Hi everyone, starting exante on mon and was just wondering I am 10/11 and bmi off 24 , I am going to have shake in the morning bar at lunch and soup for dinner, I just wanted to know I want to loose about a stone or half a stone in 3 wks , can that happen in 3 weeks? Thank u x

Ann this explains why it took me longer than usual to go into ketosis. On Atkins I wouldn't go over 20g a day and ketosis would come very quickly. Must have built up a resistance! I'm in ketosis now though, according to the ketostix, although haven't had the headaches yet or the spurt of energy. I don't think I'll get them as I won't be as heavily in ketosis.

Leanne if your BMI is under 25, you shouldn't do the Total Solution which is just the shakes, bars and soups. Working or Simple Solution is more suited to your BMI and even on these, 7lb in 3 weeks is achievable.

Hi thanks for your reply, I might have to re think about wot plan to do I just wanna loose the weight fast and I thot this maybe the easiest solution, but as much as I wanna loose weight I dnt wanna make myself ill either lol x

Back