confused about drinks and sugars and jelly!

raverminx

sorry if this is a silly question but google is coming up with so many different answers!

Apparently sugar free drinks are allowed as long as they dont contain aspartame. I have found some drinks that do not contain that and instead use Suraclose and some other sweetner that i cant spell but has K at the end! Are they allowed?

Also i read that citric acid is a no no aswell, but that is present in the sugar free drinks.... and also in fresh lemon and limes (which i was under the impression im allowed a squeeze of in some water)

Now sugar free jelly, apprently im allowed that, but looking at the ingrediants it contains aspartame and also citric acid.

As you can imagine im very confused about this, can anyone please help me out?

thank you

Basically it's recommended that you try to avoid citric acid as some people can be very sensitive to it and it can kick you out of ketosis.

Some people can get away with ingesting more of it than others, some people find even a small amount makes them stall/hungry.

Have a look at the VLCD threads and search for citric acid on there, its the same premise on the VLCDs.

Hope that helps.

If you can try and stick away 100% from sweetened anything. I have (I tried a sugar free jelly and nearly hurled) .. your taste buds change SO rapidly and soon enough you don't even want sweets .. and if you do taste something sweet it nearly blows your brains out it is so potent!

Lexie is right that some people report they stall them ... others have no problem. Atkins seems to be a long journey of trial and error so the best thing I can see if you have to have something sweet try it and then see how it looks in the scales on weigh in day x

Back