CONFUSED AND PANICKED

ry307

Hi guys!

So since being at uni I got into a really unhealthy habit of binging on chocolates and grabbing whatever was easiest to snack on, which meant that I gained a couple of kgs. I've never been overweight - I used to be a gymnast so I've always been relatively slim. It was only went I uni that I started to lose a bit of my physique and gained weight, presumably from the unhealthy dieting and lack of exercise. When I came back to uni at the end of March I made a very conscious decision to really try and exercise and eat healthily. For the past month I've been running 5km at LEAST 4 times a week, been going to 1 hour fitness classes EVERYDAY on top of the 5km runs, and my daily diet has typically consisted of this:

BREAKFAST:
Two weetabix with very little skimmed milk

or

One weetabix with 1 banana and 1/2 punnet of blueberries (blended together)

MID-MORNING SNACK:
Apple or a plum or a satsuma

LUNCH:
Wholewheat tortilla wrap with 1 tbspn of tomato pesto, 5 slices of wafer thin chicken (8 cals each), lots of raw onions, green onions and lettuce

or

Prawn mango salad with cucumbers, coriander and lime juice

MID-AFTERNOON SNACK:
Apple

DINNER:
Pan-fried salmon and broccoli, onions, carrots and cauliflower with 2 tbspn sesame oil, soy sauce and ginger

or

Stirfry chicken with broccoli, carrots and cauliflower with onions with a little cornstarch and 0 calorie noodles (konnyaku)

I haven't omitted things like oil or carbs from my diet but I've cut down entirely on chocolate and unhealthy snacks. I've been on the dukan diet before but I just relapsed afterwards and couldn't maintain it, which is why I made this conscious decision to eat healthily. But after doing intensive exercise and sticking to a healthy diet for a whole MONTH without even seeing the slightest bit of change is the most disheartening thing in the world. In fact, the other day I GAINED a kilo. My fitness instructor said it was because I was building muscle mass, but I still feel like I'm gaining fat in places, not muscle mass. Please advise me on what to do :( I'm so tempted to go on the cabbage soup diet or something because my housemates and girls on my cheerleading team have done it and have lost so much weight, whilst I've been trying to go about this the healthy way but still haven't seen the slightest positive change in a month. PLEASE advise me on what to do!! I'm so confused and getting so disillusioned with this notion of eating clean and healthy dieting! Thank you in advance :) xx

Hey,
It sounds like your exercising quite a bit but not actually eating all that much. If your body doesn't get enough calories to fuction properly then it will hold on to everything that your putting in.

I'm no expert but I would say try eating a bit more. Not rubbish foods but maybe bigger portions or some more healthy snacks. It got to be worth a try :)

Good luck,
Dan x

Back