Confused by points!

amyw2045

I was wondering if someone could help!
Since I am under 16, I am supposed to be eating 41 points, as well as being allowed my 49 weekly.
41 just seems like so many points! I've been eating 35 and my weight has been going up and down a lot, which they say is normal for under 16's, but I was wondering if anyone had past experience of this and could help me! Should I be eating my full 41? Or should I stick to my 35?!
Please help!!

I would eat the 41 pp, if you're struggling to eat them all (give them to me!) you could try adding cheese which is high propoints, but you won't get full up. Try not to get hung up on numbers week to week. If you look at how you've done in 4 weeks time for example, it's more encouraging than week to week as your weight WILL vary over shorter periods. I stick to my points religiously and still put on weight every few weeks. But - over the time I've been WW, I've lost weight. So don't worry.

Eat all your points, forget about them and enjoy being 16 - your body will take care of the weight loss, you take care of you :)

While having so many points can see daunting and can feel a bit odd to have to use (I'm on 59pp a day, so can relate to how it must feel), it is best to use them. There's some science behind it that no doubt better minds than mine can explain, but you're better off trying to fill your points out on a bit of cheese or snack of a few rice cakes (they're lovely with phili on!) or whatever takes your fancy than to deprive yourself of things. Your points will drop as you loose weight, and more to the point I've known people to not lose when they've not used their points allowance...but then do perfectly when they do. Enjoy your points, and all the best of luck. Sure you'll do great. :)

Back