Extra Easy confused over 13 superfree food with meal after reading this on website...

vampalicious

Silver Member
sorry the title was meant to say confused over the 1/3 superfree food with meals..

Superfree Foods are those foods that are really low in energy density (calories
per gram) and that are also great for satisfying your appetite – a slimmer’s dream!
Including a third of a plate of Superfree Food at mealtimes – where it sense – will
ensure that your weight loss stays fast, effective and very motivating.

There is no need to add Superfree Food to Healthy Extra meals, because there’s
already a control built in. Beans on toast? The toast is either a Healthy Extra ‘b’
choice or Syns. You don’t have to add Brussels sprouts or cabbage or lettuce or
cucumber etc – unless of course you want to.

Spag Bol? This is a Free Food meal, so if you want to serve a smaller portion and
make room on your plate for a nice crisp salad or fresh veg, that’s great, but it’s
not a requirement, it’s a choice – a choice that depends on how fast you want to
lose weight.

so its saying that if your mealk consists of free food, which all my meals do, then you dont have to have the superfree 3rd on your plate? i dont understand, i thought it was a requirement? xx

I've never fully understood EE so I don't do it but from what you have written I'd say its a choice not a requirement- however, from what I have read on here in the past it is highly recommended for greater weight loss.... but don't take my word for it as I'm not 100% I'm a very basic red and green kinda girl! x

You don't have to have SF with every meal but there is a reason it's recommended and SW have had years of planning to get the plans working the best way they can.

The only time I won't have SF with my HE allowance is when I'm taking it as say a cereal bar for a snack. Otherwise I always have some salad or beetroot or a serving of SF soup etc before my BOT. Spag bol is so easy to make full of SF (onions, tomato, passata, mushroom, shredded carrot etc etc).

If my understanding is correct, and i don't go to class, SW have also recommended the 1/3 SF accompanies ALL plans. Members who've had good results on Red or Green without the SF may well continue the same way - and it clearly works but as I say, I understand that SW have recommended SF with all plans.

I think its much easier (for me personally) to have the 1/3 SF on red and green as I only eat small portions and having a plate of say meat, pasta and salad makes me feel full just looking at it. However, tonight I have had a pork steak with stir fried vegetables and that has been perfect for me.
I think you just need to do what's best for you and that may involve a little trial and error I expect, as long as your doing the plan 100% then you should be fine and as it stands the 1/3 SF is a recommendation.

Last year it was "1/3 superfree with every meal on EE" - no ifs no buts

Then in the new book that came out at Christmas its just recommended on EE - personally I think the sf rule was an important part of EE and I know I wouldnt lose weight without it so I still do it

Last year it was "1/3 superfree with every meal on EE" - no ifs no buts

Then in the new book that came out at Christmas its just recommended on EE - personally I think the sf rule was an important part of EE and I know I wouldnt lose weight without it so I still do it

I do not believe the diet could work eating only free food.

Free foods such as rice, noodles and pasta are sooo full of calories, eating them until full will result in thousands of calories a day = weight gain.

sorry the title was meant to say confused over the 1/3 superfree food with meals..

Superfree Foods are those foods that are really low in energy density (calories
per gram) and that are also great for satisfying your appetite – a slimmer’s dream!
Including a third of a plate of Superfree Food at mealtimes – where it sense – will
ensure that your weight loss stays fast, effective and very motivating.

There is no need to add Superfree Food to Healthy Extra meals, because there’s
already a control built in. Beans on toast? The toast is either a Healthy Extra ‘b’
choice or Syns. You don’t have to add Brussels sprouts or cabbage or lettuce or
cucumber etc – unless of course you want to.

Spag Bol? This is a Free Food meal, so if you want to serve a smaller portion and
make room on your plate for a nice crisp salad or fresh veg, that’s great, but it’s
not a requirement, it’s a choice – a choice that depends on how fast you want to
lose weight.

so its saying that if your mealk consists of free food, which all my meals do, then you dont have to have the superfree 3rd on your plate? i dont understand, i thought it was a requirement? xx

Wouldn't it be because spag bol would already have plenty of superfree if made with tomatoes, mushrooms, onion etc?

when I make a spag bol theres over a third superfree

I do not believe the diet could work eating only free food.

Free foods such as rice, noodles and pasta are sooo full of calories, eating them until full will result in thousands of calories a day = weight gain.

I agree - superfree is what makes EE work imo. Else you're practically just doing red and green together!!!

The 1/3 rule is just good healthy eating practice sw aside if your serious about loosing weight and being healthier you should be having this anyway IMO.

You will still lose without it, but being skinnier does not mean you are healthier particularly. I personally love fruit and veg and feel a meal without it isn't right but I also like to eat them for my health! You need them for vitamins and minerals that are essential to health so a good step towards a healthier you should surely begin to incorporate some of these into your diet?

SF Foods are supposed to keep you fuller for longer, which incidentally should mean that you wouldn't feel the urge to snack between meals as much :)

My understanding is that the 1/3 superfree replaces a 1/3 of the other portion not that you add an extrA portion of superfree to your existing portion

My understanding is that the 1/3 superfree replaces a 1/3 of the other portion not that you add an extrA portion of superfree to your existing portion

Thats my understanding of it too. Think it makes sense to replace high calorie foods like pasta and rice with veg. Still the same satiety, but without the calories!

If I don't have a 1/3 of my plate SF I just have a bunch or grapes or strawberries after my meal their SF and taste good x

It becomes habit inhave to admit I love spinach And some other veg and loath some but now I make a salad with a portion of something else. So the superfree is my meal with a portion of the free food.
I find this much easier to get into the 1/3 superfree this way.
I also eat my superfree and protein first and then have a water and a rest put my meal down decide if I'm full then I'll eat the free food if I'm still hungry.

Back