• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Confused!!??

S: 18st13lb C: 18st3lb G: 11st6lb BMI: 43.8 Loss: 0st10lb(3.77%)
There is a recipe for chicken chow mein on the sw website under the recipe archive bit, it says 1.5 sysn per serving on green if chicken is a HE if not add another 6 syns. Now here is where i get confused, when i looked at the list of ingredients (below) i can't see where the syns are coming from, as far as i can see they are all free apart from the chicken, but if that is a HE that can't be the syns. So my question is have i been counting something as free when it isn't?

150g packet dried egg noodles
3 garlic cloves
4 spring onions
2 carrots
113g/4oz mangetout
113g/4oz mushrooms
1 red pepper
4 cooked chicken breasts
Fry Light
1 tsp finely grated root ginger
4 tbsp soy sauce
85ml/3fl oz chicken stock made with Bovril
142g/5oz beansprouts
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Donnie46

Slow but sure....
S: 22st0lb C: 19st7lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 55.1 Loss: 2st7lb(11.36%)
Oop's - my apologises, I believe that might be one of my recipes and it should have been an Extra Easy recipe - please accept my apologises for the confusion, and I hope you enjoy it.

S: 18st13lb C: 18st3lb G: 11st6lb BMI: 43.8 Loss: 0st10lb(3.77%)
I didn't get the recipe from here , it's on the official SW members site!!

Glad it's not just me that can't see where the extra 1.5 syns are coming from!!

Morgawr

Silver Member
G: 10st7lb
Just wondering, I know that slimming world have made stocks syn free (my understanding anyway) but could it be that the stock in this particular recipe has been synned for some reason - perhaps added before the change in syn values?

Just a thought

Donnie46

Slow but sure....
S: 22st0lb C: 19st7lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 55.1 Loss: 2st7lb(11.36%)
Phew!!! Thank goodness for that, I should have hated anyone inadvertantly going off their diet because of one of my recipes - I do check them thoroughly before posting, but mistake's can be made....

Vixxster

Nojo on the YoYo
S: 19st8.0lb C: 19st8.0lb G: 11st0.0lb BMI: 47 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Maybe they synned it for fresh egg noodles not dried by mistake? That's the only thing I can think of...

Circes

Strutting her stuff
S: 17st12lb C: 10st7lb BMI: 22.3 Loss: 7st5lb(41.2%)
If the recipe is from the archive then it is an old one and as has been said, stock is now syn-free. Previously a stock cube was 1.5 syns which accounts for the value quoted on the recipe.

Laddiesboy

I ♥ Slimming World :)
S: 24st0lb C: 17st0lb G: 13st12lb BMI: 30.6 Loss: 7st0lb(29.17%)
Could it be the chicken breasts?

On a green day you are allowed a certain amount of chicken as HEb, but is that a full breast? I don't know either way, just a thought

Vixxster

Nojo on the YoYo
S: 19st8.0lb C: 19st8.0lb G: 11st0.0lb BMI: 47 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
If the recipe is from the archive then it is an old one and as has been said, stock is now syn-free. Previously a stock cube was 1.5 syns which accounts for the value quoted on the recipe.
but that recipe calls for Bovril, which has been free for yonks.