Confused....

arcticmonkeys

Silver Member
:wavey:

How are we all?

I was just wondering what the usual time zone is from SS and starting to add meals.

I've been doing SS for 16 days (to be exact - 16 days in 2 shakes time!) I started introducing bars yesterday (Friday). How long do you think I'll have to carry on this way before going onto the next step?

To be honest I want it off so bad I think I could force myself to carry on doing SS for as long as I can. I don't fully understand IF there is a limit or something though.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense, I find it hard to explain :eek:

Thanks for your time xx

You continue SSing for 4 weeks, on the 5th week it's "add a meal" if you still have weight to lose after AAM week to return to SSing for another 4 weeks and so on.

Hope this makes it clear ....Good Luck :)

xxx

Oh I see! Lovely, thanks Fuzzy!!

I can't wait :D

Well done on your loss by the way you've done amazingly well, its people like you that give me the hope I have right now. :) xx

:wavey:

How are we all?

I was just wondering what the usual time zone is from SS and starting to add meals.

I've been doing SS for 16 days (to be exact - 16 days in 2 shakes time!) I started introducing bars yesterday (Friday). How long do you think I'll have to carry on this way before going onto the next step?

To be honest I want it off so bad I think I could force myself to carry on doing SS for as long as I can. I don't fully understand IF there is a limit or something though.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense, I find it hard to explain :eek:

Thanks for your time xx

Hi Articmonkey,

You should be adding a meal in week 5 after SS for 4 weeks. Add a meal week can help boost weight if your weight loss has slowed down. It also helps you tackle your relationship with food.

Why is it recommended that people take ‘Sole Source’ for no more than four consecutive weeks?

This advice complies with the recommendations in the 1987 DHSS report by the Committee on the Medical Aspects of Food Policy (COMA) entitled ‘The Use of Very Low Calorie Diets in Obesity’: "As the Sole Source of nourishment, the use of VLCD should not exceed the period recommended by the manufacturers (up to 3 to 4 weeks at a time) without reverting to a normal mixture of foods". The above recommendation from COMA was not based on any research, but when the doctors who participated in Cambridge’s clinical trials were asked what was the maximum time they would recommend the diet be used sole source, without medical supervision, the consensus of opinion was four weeks. If you want to forego the ‘Add-a-meal’ week, you can only do so with your doctor’s written consent.

Thanks you Sim I appreciate it lots! Fully understand now, cheers!

Cor you people are so nice :p

Back