Confusing carrot cake!

Casg

Hi everyone,

So, my fiancé adores carrot cake, but as we are trying to watch out weight I never make it. But I've decided, if we point it, and have very small portions, then it may be possible!

Problem is, I haven't a clue how t work out the pro points, I don't usually have a problem working out but this one is doing my head in! Hopefully some lovely person can help, so here is the reciepe...

Ingredients
Serves: 12
250g self-raising flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
400g caster sugar
350ml vegetable oil
4 eggs
350g grated carrots
120g chopped walnuts
Cream cheese icing:
225g cream cheese
110g margarine, softened
450g icing sugar
120g chopped walnuts
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Look forward to any replies! Lol
Xxx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Gulp! Put it into tracker online and it comes out at 312 PP total - 26 per portion if you divide it into 12. I used full fat versions of everything - like the marg and the cream cheese. You could save some by using low fat versions, but don't know what your boyfriend would think of that!

O my bloody god!! Haha, il try find a Ww version I reckon, thanks a lot for helping out :) xx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

These seem to be about 13 PP per serving according to the calculator?

Carrot & cream cheese cupcakes recipe - Recipes - BBC Good Food

(I started off about ones we made at school but realised it was 10 years ago so I've no chance of still having the recipe. BBC Goodfood is my favourite website ever ever ever!)

(you could also use low fat alternatives to the cream cheese which would help)

Earlier in the year I made a WW carrot cake for my birthday...recipe is below. The recipe is for muffins really, but I did it as one big cake instead and it came out fine. Divided the cake into six slices and called it 10pp a slice. :p Also added a bit of cinnamon, and it came out lovely.

Carrot cake

ProPoints® Value: 5
Servings: 12
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 20 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy

250 g Flour, Wheat, White, Self Raising, (9oz)
2 teaspoons (as purchased) Baking Powder
1 teaspoons Bicarbonate of Soda
1/2 teaspoons Salt
110 g Sugar, Muscovado, light, (4oz) or soft brown sugar
2 medium Egg, Whole
1 teaspoons (level) Vanilla Extract
175 ml Milk, Skimmed, (6fl oz)
50 g Margarine, Soft, Polyunsaturated, (1 3/4oz), melted and cooled
225 g Carrots, Old, Raw, (8oz), finely grated
50 g Raisins, (1 3/4oz)
To serve:
150 g Cheese, Soft, Medium Fat, (5 1/2oz)
2 teaspoons (level) Sugar, Icing
1 zest(s) of 1 Orange, 1 tsp finely grated orange rind
Instructions
Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5/190°C/fan oven 170°C. Line a 12 hole bun tin with paper bun cases.

Sift the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a large bowl. Stir in the sugar.

In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, vanilla, milk and melted margarine together. Stir in the grated carrots and raisins. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir together until just combined.

Spoon the mixture into the bun cases (they will be quite full). Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until risen and firm. Cool on a wire rack.

Beat the soft cheese, icing sugar and orange rind together. Serve with the muffins.

Back