Connmels SW Journey

connmel

So I've decided to start a diary - as a way to vent, keep on trank and for some extra public accountability!!

I joined SW on 14 January this year - here are my weigh in results so far:

14 Jan - 12st 9lbs
21 Jan - 12st 7lbs -2lbs
28 Jan - 12st 5lbs -2lbs
04 Feb - 12st 3lbs -2lbs
11 Feb - 12st 0.5lb -2.5lbs half stone award
18 Feb - 11st 13lbs -1.5lbs
25 Feb - 11st 12lbs -1lb
04 Mar - 11st 10.5lbs -1.5lbs
11 Mar - 11st 11lbs +0.5lb :sigh:
18 Mar - 12st 0lbs +3lbs:eek:
25 Mar - 11st 9lbs -5lbs :D stone award
01 Apr - 11st 8lbs - 1lb
08 Apr - 11st 6lbs -2lbs :)slimmer of the week
16 Apr - 11st 3.5lbs -2.5lbs Club 10 (BMI from obese to overweight - yay!!!) :D

So overall I'm a happy camper - aside from the 2 blip weeks in the middle!! But I pulled them back and am only 1.5lbs away from my 1.5stone award! Can't wait to get that bit of bling!!

I've been doing extra easy since I started but have decided to try some red and green days this week - yesterday I did a red day -

Breakfast: Mullerlight and a banana, coffee and skimmed milk (HEXA), Apple and Cinnamon Tea
Snack: Mullerlight greek style (0.5 syns) clementine, Coffee and skimmed milk (HEXA)
Lunch: M&S Wholemeal Roll (HEXB) smoked salmon, pickled veg, salad cream (70%) (1 syn), kiwi fruit, Pint water
Snack: Apple and Cinnamon Tea, clementine
Dinner: Omlette with smoked salmon, 3 eggs, some fat free fromage frais, mushrooms, peppers, onion, garlic and mange tout and 40g reduced fat cheddar (HEXA), Pint Coke Zero
Snack: Tea & skimmed Milk (HEXA), Milky Way magic stars (12g bag) (3.5 syns) HiFi Light rocky road (HEXB)

So not a bad day at all - 5 syns in total (only had 1.5 of my 2 HEXB though)

I'm running the Flora Women's Mini Marathon in Dublin in June it's 10k and the training is going well - did my easy run this morning - 20 mins - I really enjoyed it and it was definitely worth the 5.45am alarm call!!

Green day today

What I've had so far:

before run - banana, coffee and skimmed milk (HEXA)
after run - Alpen light bar (HEXA), melon, apple and cinnamon tea, 2 glasses water ( 1 with no added sugar squash)
Snack - melon and Duneen fat free pear yoghurt, coffee and milk (1 glass no added sugar squash)

Plan for rest of day:
Lunch: half roasted butternut squash with garlic (roasted last night with frylight) 40g reduced fat cheddar (HEXA), 2 M&S mini submarine rolls, apple, 2 glasses no added sugar squash
Snack: coffee and skimmed milk, apple, glass no added sugar squash
Dinner: risotto with asparagus, roasted butternut squash, garlic, onion, stock, 65ml white wine (per portion) (2.5 syns) 15g grated parmesan (HEXA) pint coke zero
Snack: Tea & skimmed milk (HEXA) HiFi light Rocky road (HEXB) Twix funsize (5syns)

Just updating yesterday

Green day 18 April

before run - banana, coffee and skimmed milk (HEXA)
after run - Alpen light bar (HEXA), melon, apple and cinnamon tea, 2 glasses water ( 1 with no added sugar squash)
Snack - melon and Duneen fat free pear yoghurt, coffee and milk (1 glass no added sugar squash)
Lunch: half roasted butternut squash with garlic (roasted last night with frylight) 40g reduced fat cheddar (HEXA), 2 M&S mini submarine rolls, 2 glasses no added sugar squash
Snack: coffee and skimmed milk, glass no added sugar squash x2
Dinner: risotto with asparagus, roasted butternut squash, garlic, onion, stock, 65ml white wine (per portion) (2.5 syns) 15g grated parmesan (HEXA) pint coke zero
Snack: Tea & skimmed milk x2 (HEXA) HiFi light Rocky road (HEXB) M&Ms chocolate funsize (5syns) Kinder Bueno 1 bar (6 syns)

Total syns for day: 12.5

Green day was ok - although was feeling peckish - hence the 2 chocolate items in the evening!

Its Friday - at last - this week seems like its never-ending!!
I'm exhausted today - ds whos just over 2 years old was up last night - I think he's getting the last of his teeth - at least I hope its the last - he's not that keen on mouth inspections!

So far today - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Alpen light bar (HEXB), melon, Duneen strawberry yog, coffee and skimmed milk (HEXA), apple and cinnamon tea
Snack - Coffee and skimmed milk (HEXA) kiwi
Lunch - left over risotto from last night (1/2 portion - 1.5 syns) with gherkins, glass water, apple and cinnamon tea

Plan for rest of day:
Snack: Coffee and skimmed milk (HEXA) & alpen light bar, glass no added sugar squash, clementine
Dinner: Chicken and Mushroom with boiled rice from the Chinese takeaway (5.5 syns), pint coke zero
Snack: Tea and skimmed milk (HEXA) and kinder bueno (6 syns)

Am debating having a bottle of Corona with my dinner but have a christening on Saturday and a toddler birthday party on Sunday so I should really save the syns I think....

Last edited:
Ok -so I completely lost the run of things this weekend - hasn't happened in a while and I'm so disappointed with myself! It all started on Friday night when I was up with a scratchy/tickily cough all night and was willing to eat anything to try to get rid of the tickle! (daftest excuse ever!!) Then it spiraled on saturday cause I was in the car alot and was feeling tired and grumpy and then I was at a kids birthday party yesterday and had a complete f*** it I may as well keep going attitude! So bad attitude had no doubt resulted in a big gain at tonights WI. Very disappointed in myself... but am going to be fiercely on plan today in a hope of minimising the damage slightly

So last nights weigh in was worse that I hoped - 2.5lb gain! Very disappointed in myself but I know its well deserved and I am just going to sort myself out! So I am going to try really hard to lose that 2.5 this week and maybe if at all possible I could add 1.5lbs to it and get my 1.5 stone award - the last time I gained I lost 5lbs the following week so it is possible! I think I'll do 1 red, 1 green and 1 success express day to see what kind of result that brings!

Anyway - went for a run this morning - it was my long run for the week - 40 minutes and I was for some reason stressed about it - but I shouldn't have been - once I got my rhythm I really enjoyed it and ran 5km in just over 39 minutes which is a record for me so I'm chuffed (I know not may people would be chuffed at that time but I have completely accepted that I am a slow runner and I don't really care!!)

Foodwise I've had the following so far today: (Green day)

Before run: Hifi mint choc (HEXB *1) Coffee and skimmed milk (HEXA)
After run: Melon & Mullerlight greek style coconut (0.5 syns) & apple and cinnamon tea. Pint water
Snack: Coffee and Milk (full fat HEXA) melon and Duneen Fat free pineapple yog. Pint squash

Plan for rest of day
Lunch: Mug shot - roast chicken, salad of pickled vegetables. Kiwi. Pint squash & apple and cinnamon tea
Snack: Alpen light bar (HEXB), clemintine and coffee and skimmed milk (HEXA)
Dinner: Butterbean butter boom (peppers, red onion courgette, cherry tomatoes, butterbeans, herbs, red pesto) with rice and extra green beans
Snack: Hi Fi Light bar (HEXB) Tea and skimmed milk (HEXA) Time out bar (4.5 syns)

Weekly syns balance: 105-5=100

Green day - 23 April 2013

Before run: Hifi mint choc (HEXB *1) Coffee and skimmed milk (HEXA)
After run: Melon & Mullerlight greek style coconut (0.5 syns) & apple and cinnamon tea. Pint water
Snack: Coffee and Milk (full fat HEXA) melon and Duneen Fat free pineapple yog. Pint squash
Lunch: Mug shot - roast chicken, salad of pickled vegetables. Kiwi. Pint squash & apple and cinnamon tea
Snack: Alpen light bar (HEXB), clemintine and coffee and skimmed milk (HEXA)
Dinner: Butterbean butter boom (peppers, red onion courgette, cherry tomatoes, butterbeans, herbs, red pesto) with rice (1 syn)
Snack: Hi Fi Light bar (HEXB) Tea and skimmed milk (HEXA) fun size maltesers *2(11 syns)

Weekly syns balance: 105-12.5=92.5

Another green day that ended in me reaching for an extra chocolate treat - I wonder is it a lack of protein?? or am I just making excuses?

Last edited:
So I've decided to try a 777 day today - we'll see how it goes

B: hifi choc orange (HEXB) and muller light greek style lemon (0.5 syns) (no superfree!) coffee and skimmed milk (HEXA) Apple and Cinnamon Tea
S: Apple and Cinnamon Tea, Melon (SS 1) 2 glasses squash (W 2)
L: Baked Potato, beans (SS 2), beetroot (S 3), gherkins (S 4), carrots, glass squash (W 3)
S: blackberries (SS 4) rasberries (SS 5) coffee and skimmed milk (HEXA) 2 glasses squash (W5)

Plan for rest of day

D: Butterbean butterboom left overs (1 syn) butterbeans (SS 6) tomatoes (S 7) Peppers (S8) onions (S9) courgette (S10). extra green beans (s 11) 2 glasses squash (W 7)
S: tea and skimmed milk (HEXA) maltesers (5 syns)

Syns for day 6.5
Weekly syns balance 93.5-6.5= 87

Went AWOL for a couple of days because of the guilt over not sticking to my plan - but I've bucked up and am updating Wednesday diary and logging yesterdays and today

Wednesday
So I've decided to try a 777 day today - we'll see how it goes

B: hifi choc orange (HEXB) and muller light greek style lemon (0.5 syns) (no superfree!) coffee and skimmed milk (HEXA) Apple and Cinnamon Tea
S: Apple and Cinnamon Tea, Melon (SS 1) 2 glasses squash (W 2)
L: Baked Potato, beans, beetroot (S 2), gherkins (S 3), carrots (S4), glass squash (W 3)
S: blackberries (SS 5) rasberries (SS 6) coffee and skimmed milk (HEXA) 2 glasses squash (W5)
D: Butterbean butterboom left overs (1 syn) butterbeans, tomatoes (S 7) Peppers (S8) onions (S9) courgette (S10). extra green beans (s 11) 2 glasses squash (W 7)
S: tea and skimmed milk (HEXA) maltesers * 3 (16.5 syns), burger bites (5 syns)

Syns for day 23
Weekly syns balance 92.5-23=69.5

Thursday 25/4/13 - EE day
20 minute run

B (before run) Hi Fi choc orange (HEXB) Coffee and skimmed milk (HEXA)
B (after run) Banana, Apple and cinnamon T, Muller Light Greek Style Lemon (0.5 syns)
S: Hot blackcurrent squash melon
L: Erin chicken savoury rice (1.5 syns) salad of pickled veg, water*2
S: Clementine, coffee and skimmed milk (HEXA)
D: chicken breast, peppers, courgette, onion, garlic, couscous, red pesto (1 syn), green beans and fat free fromage frais, pint Coke zero
S: Malteesers (5.5 syns) Burger Bites (5 syns) tea and skimmed milk (HEXA) dairy milk buttons from easter egg (6 syns)

Syns for day: 20 syns
Weekly syns balance 69.5-20=49.5

Os so - I've been have evening binges the last couple of nights - I'm not really sure what my problem is - its not hunger - I just seem to get an "I want it so I'm having it and I don't care" attitude and then I feel like complete crap! I have to sort my head out because the weekend is usually my problem time and I'm going into it with 49 syns left for 4 days - oh - just realised thats 12 syns per do so if I can get my head screwed on I can deal with - although I'm going to my parents for the weekend so I'll have to be extra aware to avoid over indulging!

todays food

B: coffee and skimmed milk (HEXA) - I didn't get time to eat anything - naughty
S: banana and fat free duneen strawberry yog, rasberries and blackberries, coffee and skimmed milk (HEXA)
L: left over couscous (1 syn), pickled gherkins, glass squash, coffee and skimmed milk (HEXA), clemintine * 2
S: hot squash, banana
D: not sure yet - bad planning!!

Hi conmel,

You have done great so far!! Well done!
Your daily menus look tasty too!
I haven't joined SW yet but I am on Monday night, so still haven't got my head around all the terms yet, but kinda get the drift I think.

Ill be starting at 12,5.5lbs and hope to get down to 11st.

Do you think your running is helping, it's great your training for a marathon, I'd love to be able to run, tried it for a while there last summer got up to 2.5 miles lol and then stopped.

Hope you've had a good day :)
Kerry

Hi conmel - evening snacking is my downfall too! I try and save my HEXB for the evening, but that would probably be too hard for you given you need some energy for running - unless you had a banana before your run, or a hard boiled egg or something?

I tend to have Rocky Road hifi lights as my HEXB - chocolate fix and fibre all in one! Another good think for a choccy fix is the mikado sticks - half a syn each and if you nibble each one slowly, it lasts a lot longer than a malteser! they do Dime bar ones now, which are lovely.

Good luck on your journey and for your run! x

Hi conmel,

You have done great so far!! Well done!
Your daily menus look tasty too!
I haven't joined SW yet but I am on Monday night, so still haven't got my head around all the terms yet, but kinda get the drift I think.

Ill be starting at 12,5.5lbs and hope to get down to 11st.

Do you think your running is helping, it's great your training for a marathon, I'd love to be able to run, tried it for a while there last summer got up to 2.5 miles lol and then stopped.

Hope you've had a good day :)
Kerry

Hi Kerry

Thanks for posting - hope your weigh in went well yesterday!

The running is definitely helping with toning my legs and my general mental health and definitely somewhat with weight loss I think but I really want to be in a place that I can use running as a tool to help me stay at target when I get there.

2.5 miles is pretty good really! I got to about that amout last summer too and then stopped and only started again in March and I have to say once you get past that level its a much more enjoyable experience - I find it takes me about 1.5 miles to get into a rhythm and then its what I do after that that I enjoy and makes me feel good!

Have a great day and feel free to pop by anytime!!

Hi conmel - evening snacking is my downfall too! I try and save my HEXB for the evening, but that would probably be too hard for you given you need some energy for running - unless you had a banana before your run, or a hard boiled egg or something?

I tend to have Rocky Road hifi lights as my HEXB - chocolate fix and fibre all in one! Another good think for a choccy fix is the mikado sticks - half a syn each and if you nibble each one slowly, it lasts a lot longer than a malteser! they do Dime bar ones now, which are lovely.

Good luck on your journey and for your run! x

Thanks for the tips Spanx - I'm dying to try mikado sticks but none of the supermarkets stock them in Ireland - but I've a plan in place to get some delivered by a man with a van!!!

I'm going to try a couple of red days this week to see if an extra HEXB eaten in the evening will help me keep away from the chocolate! I had a Cadburys Highlights last night and it was a big success - it gave me a chocolate kick and I had no desire to have any actual chocolate with it like I would a cup of tea - win win!

Weigh in last night - 2.5lbs off - undid the damage of the previous week - thank god! I was lucky to be honest and really need to focus this week and get my 1.5 stone award next week (1.5lbs to go for that so definitely achievable!) I would actually love a 4lb loss (to be 10st 13.5) not impossible with a really good week?

Mondays Food Diary EE day

B: Coffee and skimmed milk (HEXA) Banana
S: Coffee ans skimmed milk (HEXA)
L: Erin Chicken and mushroon savoury rice (1.5 syns) & gherkins, glass water, coffee and skimmed milk (HEXA)
S: Hot blackcurrant squash
S: (after WI) 2* Hi Fi Light Bars (HEXB), coffee and semi-skimmed milk (HEXA)
D: Gammon roast fat removed, mashed potatos with skimmed milk (1 syn), carrots, green beans, fat free fromage frais, 1 teasp ketchup (0.5 syn) Pint coke zero
S: Cadburys Highlights (2 syns)

Syns for day: 5
Weekly Syn balance: 105-5=100

Doing a success express day today - I've not done one before and I'm hoping that it will help guarantee at least 1.5lbs this week

Before run: Hifi Light (HEXB) Coffee and skimmed milk (HEXA)
30 min run
After run: Melon, 1 slice wholemeal full size (HEXB) with laughing cow light 1/2 triangle (HEXA), fat free yog, coffee and skimmed milk (HEXA) glass water
Snack: Coffee and skimmed milk (HEXA), glass squash *2
Lunch: Banana, coffee and full fat milk (HEXA), 1 slice wholemeal full size (HEXB + 2 syns) with 1/2 laughing cow light triangle (HEXA), 2 slice chicken, salad leaves and gherkins glass squash *2
Snack: squash *2 and hifi light bar (HEXB) melon
Plan for rest of day:
Dinner: steamed haddock fillet, green beans, carrots, poached egg, fat free fromage frais, pint coke zero
Snack: cadburys highlights * 2 (4 syns)

Syns for day: 6
Weekly syns balance: 100-4=94

Weigh in last night - 2.5lbs off - undid the damage of the previous week - thank god! I was lucky to be honest and really need to focus this week and get my 1.5 stone award next week (1.5lbs to go for that so definitely achievable!) I would actually love a 4lb loss (to be 10st 13.5) not impossible with a really good week?

Mondays Food Diary EE day

B: Coffee and skimmed milk (HEXA) Banana
S: Coffee ans skimmed milk (HEXA)
L: Erin Chicken and mushroon savoury rice (1.5 syns) & gherkins, glass water, coffee and skimmed milk (HEXA)
S: Hot blackcurrant squash
S: (after WI) 2* Hi Fi Light Bars (HEXB), coffee and semi-skimmed milk (HEXA)
D: Gammon roast fat removed, mashed potatos with skimmed milk (1 syn), carrots, green beans, fat free fromage frais, 1 teasp ketchup (0.5 syn) Pint coke zero
S: Cadburys Highlights (2 syns)

Syns for day: 5
Weekly Syn balance: 105-5=100

Well done on your weight loss that's great!!
Your menus look great, x

Back