Considering going to a class for the first time - worried about change of WI day

dudette2001uk

I will be a Princess!
Hi all!

Well as a lot of you know I'm by no means a newbie to SW, but have never been to a class.

With the money I'm saving by not smoking I'm considering joining a SW class. I still have about 3 stone to lose and think I really need the motivation of a class to get me back on track properly as it's very easy when you WI at home to be a bit more lax, oops!

My main concern is that I currently WI first thing on a Friday morning (chosen on purpose as it's before the weekend, so plenty of time to counteract the effects of my alcohol syns ;)).

The nearest group to me in Pembroke Dock is on a Monday evening (I'd have to go to an evening class due to work) and I'm concerned that firstly changing the day/time, and secondly drinking at the weekend would have an impact come WI.

There is a group 10 miles away at 6pm on a Thursday, but it seems silly to travel 20 miles when there's a group 2 streets down from where I live :confused:

So I don't know what to do, aarrggghhhh!!! Anyone have any advice? :confused:

Sian xxx

Hi Hun,

I go group on a Monday evening and it gives me the motivation I need to stick to it and not have wild weekends!

I think if I did WI on thursday or Friday I'd be terrible at weekends and I wouldn't have the discipline I needed.

I also don't think that changing from morning to evening WI shouldn't make a huge difference. It may show the first week, but after that it'll be the same time & day every week so shouldn't make a difference!

Hugs x

Thanks for the reply hun :) My food is usually on plan at the weekend, but I do tend to like a drink ;) Maybe it would give me the motivation to cut down on syns during the week and save a healthy amount for the weekend so that I don't go over my syns xx

Everyones different too.

There's people in my group that can drink gallons and still lose?!?

I don't drink though, so maybe that's why I enjoy a Monday WI! Lol x

Thanks for the reply hun :) My food is usually on plan at the weekend, but I do tend to like a drink ;) Maybe it would give me the motivation to cut down on syns during the week and save a healthy amount for the weekend so that I don't go over my syns xx

I weigh in on a monday, and it keeps me on track over the weekend, I dont treat it as a different day than a week day.

If you are going to weigh on a monday, you might want to rethink your drinking habits, have little and often rather than a big blow out every weekend, the other obvious options are to drink tall drinks (not BEERS!) like spritzers, so the drink lasts you longer and you can still have a good night, but more closely on plan.

Some people do manage to have a heavy weekend and still lose, but its a dangerous game to play, especially as the inhibitions disappear and the kebab van calls.

I guess basically it depends on how much you need the support of the group, because if you REALLY need the support of the group, then it makes sense to stick to the plan more carefully, as not only will the monday weigh in keep you under some control over the weekend, you'll most likely see better results both because you are getting the support of the group and you have the incentive.

I too weigh in on a monday and for me it has helped. By knowing I have weigh in on a monday it helps keep my weekend in check, Both food and drink wise.

Go for it, as others have said it may show on the first week but after that it will be as normal. I need group support and my group helped me reach target in 8 months and have maintained this for almost a year now.

It'll have an impact the first week, but if it's what you do every week then it shouldn't make much difference.

Eg - the first Monday WI, after having a weekend of syns/drink, there'll most likely be a small loss or maybe a gain but the next week, if you are on plan all week the next week but still have your syns on a weekend, then it should be okay. Hope that makes some sense! It should only make a difference once.

I wouldn't drive 20 miles to a class, not in these days of high fuel prices etc! You'll save even more money by staying local :)

Good luck hun.

Thank you all for the replies :) I'm at home for the holidays, but when I get back to Pembroke Dock I think I'm going to bite the bullet and join a group. It might do me good anyway to get out and meet new people...I haven't made many friends since moving to Pembroke Dock :sigh: xx

I've made lots of friends through my group, I didn't know a soul when I moved here! Good luck hun. x

Back