considering slim fast

lollypop1985

Gold Member
hello everyone

been doing slimming world for nearly 1 year and am thinking of changing diets and coming to the sf world.

can anyone advise me if this is gonna be alot harder than slimming world, will i find it easy to find the correct snacks or dinners?

can i buy other snacks other than fruit and the sf snacks?

any help or advice would be very much appicated

Hey, I find slim fast quite easy if I have no other distractions, however I haven't tried slimming world so I can't compare.

You don't have to have slimfast snacks as long as you have 100 cal snacks a day you should be fine. actually I sometimes split my snacks up into 50 cal a snack or have bigger snacks just less snacks (2 150 cal snacks instead of 3 100 cal) This way I find it fairly flexible.

One thing I have to remember is that I have to count cups of tea into my calorie intake, so usually I have 4 cups of tea a day and take that as 1 of my snacks. Couldn't cope without a cup of tea lol.

When I first started I had trouble sticking to the lunchtime shake because I felt like I hadn't had a proper meal so what I tend to do is have a cup a soup with my lunchtime shake and count that as 1 of my snacks or half a snack if I've brought the low cal ones (tesco light choices chicken noodle is only 43 cals and really tasty)

Basically my day when on SF looks like this

Breakfast - shake + cup of tea (25cal)
Mid morning snack - cup of tea + apple (25+50 cal)
Lunch - shake + cup a soup (50 cal)
mid afternoon - cup of tea (25 cal)
dinner - 600 cal meal + cup of tea (25 cal)
evening snack - packet of quavers/wotsits (both around 100 cal)

So you can see I'm mixing my snacks up and not going over the 300 cal snack allowance. And most importantly I get enough cups of tea to get me through the day lol.

I had been doin SW for a long time and have today started sf
Am hoping it will give me the kick start I need to get me back on track xx

I did it for 4 - 6 weeks back in feb and lost 11lb. I went off it for a while because of work / life distracting me and stressing me out but I'm going back to it now, because it worked for me so I see no need to change diet.

Back