Considering switching to dukan from VLCD

Zoey's_Mommy

Silver Member
Hi, all! I've started to read about this diet and must say I find it really appealing as I believe it would make me feel 'normal' again and it appears to be like something I can do for life. Having said that, I also have my fears (e.g. I might find it difficult, I might not do well, I might not be able to do the 'plan', and all those sorts of things).

Could you please help me out? I just wanna know the basics/concept of the whole dukan diet. Do I need to purchase a lot of stuff to get started - like books, cookbooks, hard-to-find ingredients, etc? What are your losses like? Any struggles?

Anyone? Please? Just need a bit of help here. :)

And oh by the way, I have about 2 stones to lose. About how long will it take me to lose the excess weight?

Thanks so much in advance! xx

Anne

Start it's really good as you don't have to count calories!!! Look it up on the Dukan web site it will tell you all you need to know!!

I've lost 4lb in 4 days!!! This is on the first Attack phase!! I should be at my goal by 6 Jan according to Dr Dukan and according to most people on here he's always right!!!

Don't subscribe to his page though you don't need to however it could be worth buying the book but not absolutely necs as most of the info is on the web!!

Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi! I am seriously considering it. Been checking on dukan diet books on amazon and ebay. I've also checked dukan's website and I've encountered the term "true weight". I tried finding out what mine is but it took me through the whole registration process. I stopped before it asked me to pay for the coaching. How much do they charge for the coaching? xx

I lost all my weight just by reading the book and coming on here - everyone on here is so friendly and they will answer any questions you have - the recipe thread is great for ideas too

Okay, so I'll just settle with the book. Finally found the cost of coaching and gosh...!! For a promo price, it's still too much for me - £80+?! Just not sure which book to get though... Considering either The Dukan Diet or the The Dukan Diet Life Plan. Any suggestion? :)

It's really good to know that people doing the diet are succeeding or have succeeded already. I'm looking forward to having my turn soon and hopefully become a part of the success stories on here. xx

I like the Dukan Diet Life plan book myself. and save your money don't but recipe book there are more ideas and recipes on hear than in any book xxx Good Luck

Same here - I've got both books as when I started the dukan diet life plan one wasn't out but it's so much easier to understand - I found the first one too in depth - and no pictures!!!!

Thanks for the replies! :)

Right, I have just placed my order for The Dukan Diet Life Plan but it will take ages before I'll receive it... I'm sooo keen on starting asap! lol

Anyway, I'm currently on a VLCD plan but would love to switch to dukan soon. Should I have a little break first before starting dukan or should I just stop the VLCD and start dukan straight away?

About the true weight, yes I also managed to find out what's mine after some time. lol xx

Dukan is doable without the books, I found the girls on here way more informative than the book I have. The book is very misleading in my opinion!

Ask people who know, I bet Dr Dukan has never even followed the diet! We all have/are! Best place for Dukan knowledge, you're in the right place!

Dukan is doable without the books, I found the girls on here way more informative than the book I have. The book is very misleading in my opinion! Ask people who know, I bet Dr Dukan has never even followed the diet! We all have/are! Best place for Dukan knowledge, you're in the right place!
Thank you! :)

So, should I start tomorrow, what are the stuff I need to get for myself? A little grocery list please? :) I am aware about the meats and fishes I can have but how about the condiments and spices? Also, is salt, soy sauce, vinegar allowed? Fry light, maybe? xx

During attack stick to pure proteins such as chicken, beef and fish (not oily fish) keep well away from ham, bacon etc. Cottage cheese and use a small amount of onion for flavouring. Try to eliminate salt if you can, black pepper a must. Unlimited eggs as for fry lite, you are better off with a good none stick pan and a must is your Oat Bran available from Sainsbury, Tesco Holland and Barrett natural yoghurts and in your attack dairy is unlimited then its down to 1kg daily in attack. Soy sause is very salty could cause water retention. But spices are ok.

During attack stick to pure proteins such as chicken, beef and fish (not oily fish) keep well away from ham, bacon etc. Cottage cheese and use a small amount of onion for flavouring. Try to eliminate salt if you can, black pepper a must. Unlimited eggs as for fry lite, you are better off with a good none stick pan and a must is your Oat Bran available from Sainsbury, Tesco Holland and Barrett natural yoghurts and in your attack dairy is unlimited then its down to 1kg daily in attack. Soy sause is very salty could cause water retention. But spices are ok.

Thanks sididd.. :) Speaking of oat bran, how do you usually prepare it? Someone mentioned to me (not in this forum though) that she mixes it with her scrambled eggs.. Any other ways of using oat bran?

I'm also considering investing on a grill or something (like george foreman's). Would it be a good investment, you think?

Muffins all the way!!! :) xx
Yummy! :)

Is the recipe somewhere here? :)

By the way scooter, do we really have to use aspartame for our sweetener or is it okay if we opt for some other form of sweetener? Thanks! xx

Yeah Muffins made with oat bran, I have ate three a day now since I started love them, some of the girls use them to coat chicken, porridge is also nice made with it and also in your yoghurt your allowed 1 and 1/2 desert spoons daily. I grill or pop my meat in the oven but yeah a George Forman will defo be well used xxx

Yeah Muffins made with oat bran, I have ate three a day now since I started love them, some of the girls use them to coat chicken, porridge is also nice made with it and also in your yoghurt your allowed 1 and 1/2 desert spoons daily. I grill or pop my meat in the oven but yeah a George Forman will defo be well used xxx
I'm really going to give that oat bran muffin a try. How long have you been doing dukan, sid? xx

Cool! I'll check Tesco's tomorrow and see what I can find there. How do you make your meat taste nice without using salt or soy sauce? xx

Back