Consolidation Consolidation and Tolerated Foods

dukannotsofatty

Gold Member
Hi guys, I haven't got my book to hand so have been surfing....but can't really find this answer.

For those of you in Conso, do you still have only a max of 2 tolerated items a day or do you just not count them any more. Reading up for when I need it LOL.

Hi dnsf I'm naughty I don't count - but in fact if im honest I never really have!! If I had stalled or started to gain then I would have - I have at least one tolerated every day - baking powder in my muffins or mug cake xx are you getting close to conso? Can't wait for you to join us xx

Don't think Baking powder is a tolerated hun so you probably doing ok LOL. Yep only a few pounds to go and I'll be switching tracks and trains LOL.

Now I've always heard baking powder was a tolerated because it has carbs, in fact I think it's limited to 2 teaspoons/day as a tolerated. Baking soda (soda bicarbonate), on the other hand, has no nutritional value but it's leavening ability needs to be kick-started - I've been making muffins and mug cake with baking soda and a splash of plain vinegar, it's kind of like a science experiment! But the cakes rise nicely and you don't need to worry about having a tolerated food, and you don't taste the small amount of vinegar in the final product. A winner all around!

I guess I used the recipes as a guide, usually if its a tolerated item it says it next to it, have been using it every single day in my bread for the whole of the last year LOL, guess it didn't do me any harm. Like the idea of your soda though, thanks for that it will def come in handy if I get low on baking powder again. x

Just been looking through my lists of tolerated foods and googled as well, I can't see it at all on the lists. I wonder if its another of those things that depends what country you are living in.

I've got the dukan and me app on my phone and baking powder is under food supplements with no limits, the same as baking soda and bakery yeast x

no probs hun, I've just done similar on the cheese thread about percentages, I got that wrong LOL. :D

I always use baking powder as a tolerated. But as for counting I don't, I make muffins but I think on the whole tolerated is something I don't use much....I don't think...confused .com

LOL all this talk of baking powder LOL, but it still didn't answer my question..............do we still use tolerateds in Conso or are they pretty much no longer an issue. I assume tolerateds are called tolerateds cos we use them sparingly in cruise, but are they now just normal stuff in Conso.

For instance if I wanted to use goji berries in muffins, but have some lo soft cheese with my jacket potato but also wanted a hot choc for supper, in crusie that would be 3 tolerateds...........does it still mean 3 in Conso or is it now just additions to food. Does any of that makes sense LOL.

Do we count tolerated items in Conso............I guess that's how I should have worded it in the first place LOL.
:D :D

Cheese that makes perfect sense LOL. thanks x

Back