Constantly cold?

Jenna88

Gold Member
Recently I have been freezing ALL the time. I'm currently writing this from the comfort of my bed with my electric blanket turned on full blast lol!

My mum seems to think it's because I've lost weight however I know people who are far smaller than me who aren't cold half as much as I am. I constantly have the heating on and the idea of getting in to bed without the electric blanket is beyond thinking about.

Has anyone else experienced this as they've lost weight? And more importantly does it go away? If not I may need to emigrate lol!

I'm always cold now except for when I'm out running and then I get way too hot, people at my running club give me really funny looks because I very nearly always go in short sleeves and short leggings (we meet at 7 at night) but when I have gone in a jacket I've got way too hot as soon as I've started.

I do sometimes wonder if I should put some weight on over winter to keep warm, but then I know I'd want to loose it again for summer. Although people who are smaller then you might not feel it, have they always been that size? Maybe they're just used to it and if they are then there is hope for us as we can get used to it too

And me! Although I am going through the menopause (still after nearly 10 years) so sometimes I'm very hot. I can go from sweaty hot to freezing in a matter of seconds. :(

im always cold, the other night i had the log fire on, wearing my onesie and under a thick blanket, husband didnt understand but i was so cold

hello

I could have written this post!
I have cold hands and feet a lot of the time now and have the heating on at work at least on 22 deg c and everyone else moans about it!
My son reckons its because the body can't regulate itself when the weight is lost and when it trys to keep us warm we lose more weight and then it can't adjust to the new weight and then we lose again and the cycle continues (it sounded a lot better when he explained it to me!)
I did read on the internet about an under active thyroid but I think there would be more problems than just being cold? Anyone know?
Hope someone knows the answer though as I am so fed up of being cold!

Back