constipation - any advice?

emmapetty

Going for Goal!
Hi all,

Since the 2nd week of my restart I've been constipated. I didn't act on it at first in the hope it would pass. After a few months I tried to have more water than the recommended daily intake (thinking it may help) no joy there so tried the Cambridge fibre powder - I've been using it now for a good 3 weeks with no real difference.

Is there anything I can buy over the counter at a chemist that won't knock me out of ketosis?

Thanks.

I use dulcolax twice a week, I can't seem to go without it on this diet :( Maybe you could try that?

I was actually going to ask, if its okay to take 2 dulcolax's twice a week? I don't want my body to depend on them..

I became very constipated also dulcolax definitely. I also found upping my hot drinks, having hot baths and more bars helped me :). Hope it goes soon, nothing worse than constipation

Lynne - 70.5lbs down 25lbs to go... :)

Constipation is the worse! I suffer badly, I find alternating between senna & fybogel work for me, I've taken ducolax twice it's not for me, it gives me very bad tummy spasms :( I think you need to try different methods of coping & stick to what suits you best...we're all different :) Good Luck x

More fibre won't help until you get unbunged. It'll just bung you up even more, I'm afraid. It's more of a preventative than a cure.

So unbunging is the order of the day. You'll need senna or Dulcolax - try senna first, it's gentler. Don't need to get either from over the counter at the pharmacy - you'll find both in the medicine aisle of a supermarket (usually not far from the indigestion remedies).

Hope you get sorted soon hun.

Hi I am on day 9 and has the same problem so a bought some senokot max strength and it sorted the problem so am think of taking one a week. You take one tablet before you go to bed and it works overnight. My tummy was making some strange noices and had a bit of stomach ache but nothing bad and it was worth it for the results.
X

Hiya,

I found using movicol (buy it online or from your chemist) seems to do the trick for me. It seems to make it ahem, easier, to go. Sennakot max strength as Lauren suggested is pretty good too, I just found the gurgling and cramps a little hard to deal with lol.

Good luck!

Just a warning lol i dont want anyone to go through my pain!!! I ignored all advice about constipation and now iv ended up with haemorrhoids ( tmi) so please look after your bowls on cd!! Xoxo

I use dulcolax take them before bed and feel better in the morning that's the worst about this diet the constipation but I don't care I can poo properly again when I'm thin :)

Just a warning lol i dont want anyone to go through my pain!!! I ignored all advice about constipation and now iv ended up with haemorrhoids ( tmi) so please look after your bowls on cd!! Xoxo

I feel your pain :(

Lynne - 74.5lbs down 21lbs to go... :)

Last time i did cd i had constipation VERY bad, i literally sat and cried my eyes out on the loo however this time i have been taking psyllium husks from holland and barratt am have had no problems at all. You take 2 approx 30 mins before shake/bar and it keeps you regular.
I strongly recommend these. You will need to debung first though and for that i would use dulcolax as they are very effective but can cause some serious stomach cramps while they work.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back