Constipation (tmi sorry)

AnnieAnnie

Gold Member
Had forgotten to take psyllium husks for the last few days & yesterday was in agony. Had to get some emergency lactalose )it was that or the emergency Dr!) Gutted that it seems to be full of sugar & I feel like I've gained a stone overnight. At least if I've gained I could have done it with pizza! So annoying!

In emergency situations (lol) such as real tummy pain I use Dulco-Lax. Obviously it is not a good idea to use laxatives frequently but occasional use should be fine.

dulcolax is a tablet but I would only ever take 1 if I were you, I googled 'dulcolax pain' once and the posts online were seriously frightening! one stated the pain after taking 2 was worse than labour!!!

Wow! Psyllium husks are a really good preventative, must not forget to take them. Really hoping I haven't gained weight due to the sugary lactalose. My cdc was telling me she once was so bad she had it impacted in her bowel & had to have 3 enemas in hospital. It really scared me!

dulcolax once in a while works for me as well. Keeping up with your water is also crucial, and you can get fibre from your cdc to mix with your shakes/ soups too.

The pain can be intense, hope you are ok now! x

Thanks. I only have the tetras so rely on the husks & I always have at least 4l a day. Will be ultra vigilant about husks from now on. Such a waste of a weekend - was in Ned from Sat lunch time til not long ago. How annoying! Thanks for the replies :)

the fibre is flavourless apparently so you may be able to add it to your water?

I have the fibre powder an take once a day with a powder shake. My CDC said if you don't have a powder shake she puts it in her coffee. It does work really well. Make sure your water intake is at the recommended.

I bought benifibre from tesco it was on offer 3 for 2! You put 2 tsp in liquid twice a day. It's totally flavourless . I just add it to a 500ml bottle of water. I do it religiously and since then no problems

Ducolax is really good! I took 2 at 8am after suffering really badly. Woke up at 5.30am with mild stomach cramps. Went to the loo and shall we just say they worked! Felt fine afterwards.

must get some today is there any type i should avoid ,ie that might throw you out of ketosis , do you know if movocol or fibregel would be ok?

My CDC told me Ducolax is fine and won't knock you out of ketosis. A lot of the other forms ten to have sugar in! Ducolax will work!

i swear by movicol
it`s pricey but gentle on the tummy
if you are compacted it really does clear you out or you can take a sachet a day to keep you regular
one of the not so nice side effects of CD but with the right laxative it`s soon remedied :D

kaz :)

Back