Constipation

Lucy_Jucie

Silver Member
K not the best subject. I haven't been for a week now and I can feel I'm blocked as such lol. How long do laxatives take to work, is it a few hours or days. I'm going to take the ones the hospital give you to help you go after an operation to get this shifted.

Dulcolax or Senokot work overnight. I took both Dulcolax and Senno last week as I was really blocked up due to od-ing on Regucol and I needed to get rid of the stuff that was still in my system. I took them in the morning and by early evening I was "free" and unblocked. If you do this, take both I mean, please keep in mind that it's not a good idea to ehm pass wind as I managed to ehm sh1t myself :eek:

I have really bad problems with constipation, have done for years, this was one of my main concerns about doing this plan, and I was really badly bunged up at the beginning of this plan, but then I started taking Dulcolax every night, just one capsule, though I dont go for a number 2 daily I am at least going a couple of times a week!

Taking dulcolax every night is not a good idea on the long run, it's better to take senno every night as that has psylium husk in there and is better for your stomach. The husk is a fibre so will help you go and will keep your guts working.

I made a stupid newbie error last night! I've taken dulcolax in the past and know 1 doesn't work
So stupidly took 2 yesterday without thinking about it!
I always take it about 6 at night instead if bedtime so there's no risk of getting caught out in way to work
At about 11 I managed a perfectly normal number 2 and went to bed happy
At 4 this morning when my hubby got in from nightshirt I got up to go to the toilet feeling perfectly normal and within 5 minutes had the worst runs I've had in years with cold sweats and everything!
Luckily after about 20 mins I felt fine and went back to sleep
Feel great this morning and definitely helped but i think I'll stick to one in future lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I found the Fibreclear keeps me regular along with the occasional dose of sennakot. Early on I had really bad problems in this dept and it made me feel really poorly.

Dulcolax or Senokot work overnight. I took both Dulcolax and Senno last week as I was really blocked up due to od-ing on Regucol and I needed to get rid of the stuff that was still in my system. I took them in the morning and by early evening I was "free" and unblocked. If you do this, take both I mean, please keep in mind that it's not a good idea to ehm pass wind as I managed to ehm sh1t myself :eek:

Mirjam, his post totally made me ROFL.. brave to share!, was browsing posts for constipation cure recommendations, this can't be a better one!..lol, at least what you had was effective. ;)

I would rather be too "loose" than what I have any day!, that happened to me one time after eating too much fruit bought from a market stall on holiday in Turkey..lol, so embarrassing! :eek: LoL

Movicol for me it's awesome! Xx

Hi Peach, have had a few recommendations for Movicol so got some today as had real issues since the weekend.:mad:

It says you can take up to 3 sachets a day so I took 3 this afternoon, someone else said tat would work for a quick fix, from you experience will that work well?? :confused:

So desperate to get some easing of my situation.. LoL

Thanks Janice

It will work just fine Hun ... You can actually have 8 but that's only for really really really bad .... Erm blockage shall we say..... 3 will do u just fine hun it really is awesome xxx

Thanks Peach, sweet of you, Claire also offered advice, have got some bloating and wind now, maybe signs of it working? Is there any likelyhood I could have the runs?,

I'm sure I will be OK being able to wait if it starts?, its supposed to be mild?

Thanks
Janice

I need to go out in an hour to meet a friend?

Thanks Peach, sweet of you, Claire also offered advice, have got some bloating and wind now, maybe signs of it working? Is there any likelyhood I could have the runs?,

I'm sure I will be OK being able to wait if it starts?, its supposed to be mild?

Thanks
Janice

I need to go out in an hour to meet a friend?
my poo once taken it becomes loose and runny.... it should be mild.. you should be fine by the morning.

my poo once taken it becomes loose and runny.... it should be mild.. you should be fine by the morning.

I think i may be getting some effects already, I took three sachets at lunchtime,

Really got gurgles now but no need to "Go" feelings yet.

I need to go out, I won't get caught short will I??..:eek:..scared now..LoL,

I think i may be getting some effects already, I took three sachets at lunchtime,

Really got gurgles now but no need to "Go" feelings yet.

I need to go out, I won't get caught short will I??..:eek:..scared now..LoL,
I don't know chick...... u will know when u need to go dont worry about it to much.. just dont stay out toooooooooo late lol

I don't know chick...... u will know when u need to go dont worry about it to much.. just dont stay out toooooooooo late lol

LoL Claire, its not your dignity at stake..lol

I'm out for a couple of hours, but really got the gurgles but not able to go yet, trouble is I won't be near a loo for the next 3 hours or so.. is there any urgency when it works? Soz..TMI :sigh:

LoL Claire, its not your dignity at stake..lol

I'm out for a couple of hours, but really got the gurgles but not able to go yet, trouble is I won't be near a loo for the next 3 hours or so.. is there any urgency when it works? Soz..TMI :sigh:
dont worry honestly...:D

OK, I won't worry, I'm sure I will be fine, feels like its working anyhow...

Just didn't fancy having an accident , had that happen once when I ate too many unwashed plums abroad! LoL, had hardly any control!..lol, the things we wish for! LoL.

Back