Constipation

Big Mummy Tracey

Sorry for the subject matter but just wondered if anybody suffers constipation doing the Exante plan. I'm starting on the 27th March and due to bowel problems I am not allowed to get constipated. Many thanks

I do from time to time, and I take dulcoease when it happens as it's quite gentle. It just makes it easier rather than sending you running for the loo in a mad panic!

I have read that some people take some husks from Holland & Barratt (can't recall the actual name) which works for some but not others.

jojo76 said:
I do from time to time, and I take dulcoease when it happens as it's quite gentle. It just makes it easier rather than sending you running for the loo in a mad panic!

I have read that some people take some husks from Holland & Barratt (can't recall the actual name) which works for some but not others.

I take the same as Jojo. It's the only thing I hate about Exante!

Good luck with starting the diet! ! :)

I use Psyllium husks every few days.

Learnt from time on CDSS that I could put them into a vanilla shake and make a porridge ... which I really love - you can eat it with a spoon :D

I use about 2 des spoons & make with hot water.
Good luck
x

Thank you so much feeling much more positive now :) can't start until the 27th as I have some test that need doing but have my products and am in the zone :)

Hey Nicky

This is music to my ears, I'm on week 2 of Exante and it's been SO long since nature called - I like the idea of having porridge too so I'm really hoping your suggestion of Psyllium Husks works. Are you certain this won't take me out of Ketosis?

x

I have been on VLCDs on and off for the last 18 months and have tried everything that is allowed . I have found the best solution for me is 2 sachets of movicol every other day , its the most gentle effective laxative that is available over the counter ( I am a nurse too so know its good !!) dulcoease is not recommended as it has something in the coating that could effect ketosis , and dulcolax , senna are quite harsh and give terribble cramps . If I get to the stage of needing extra help dulco pico perles are amazing , but hard to come by , I got mine of amazon . I wouldnt suggest any laxative that acts as a stimulant as this can make you bowel 'lazy ' when you stop exante , and phyllium husks did nothing for me .

Hope you find something that suits you :)

Constipation is a feature of all VLCD. I add Fibre Clear to all shakes and soups - I found it on lipotrim I think but now I get it from Amazon. It adds fibre and has no calories and no effect on ketosis. I was on TS for eight months with all the usual issues around constipation, and as soon as I stopped I was cured! So now no long term effects or 'lazy bowel'. I think its worth recognising its an issue and finding the way of dealing with it which suits you.

GSQ

Last edited:
Back