consultant brings her child?

DizzyDoogle

Hi guys I am brand new here. I started slimming world 2 weeks ago and I'm loving it so far! -3.5 in my first week ☺ my only issue is that my consultant brings her 2 yr old toddler with her to group and she literally screams and wails and cries the WHOLE time through image therapy. It gave me a headache last night trying to talk/listen to others and not being able to hear anyone. I understand the poor child must have been tired (evening class). But it puts me off going altogether? Are they even allowed to take their children to 'work' with them? I left feeling really down and stressed. I understand children cry etc but she did nothing to entertain/quieten her down. Does anyone else have this problem? Thanks.

It's a long time since I have attended a group, have been doing it at home. But I do find that a little strange, ok if it's a one off and the consultant was stuck, better that than cancelling the class and disappointing the members. But if it's a regular thing then surely that shouldn't be allowed. We where discouraged from bringing our children to class, unless it was an emergency and we had no other option, I never needed to. But it was my escape from my kids for an hour and wouldn't want to listen to anyone else's.

Is this a regular thing, or just something which is temporary? As you have only been going to the group for two weeks, you could perhaps ask a long-standing member what the situation is.

It isn't an ideal situation, but there might be a good reason for it. If she doesn't have someone to look after the child at the moment, it may be her only alternative to cancelling the class and losing her income.

It has happened the last 2 weeks. Her husband does all the money taking etc and hangs around until she's finished and also her mum and dad attend and just sort of hang around. But everyone seems to accept it as the norm.

You would think that the dad or her mum or dad would take the child off somewhere if disruptive. My consultant brings her kids when on holidays but their older and sit quietly.

I agree though it is hard to hear sometimes if kids crying, people talking.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Its a shame because if we need to take our kids and people ask us not to, we are the first to complain about the groups not being child friendly. Have you tried to have a little word privately and told her that you are struggling to hear with the toddlers screams? I know that could be awkward but it's gotta be better than nothing. Good luck x

There are members who bring kids, one woman has a daughter aged about 10 and there's a small baby who's good as gold. I absolutely don't mind the presence of children but when they are so disruptive it just makes it difficult for me to enjoy the group. I don't pay my fiver to be a babysitter! I will have a quiet word with her and word it sensitively. Thanks all x

Back