Contemplating the next step

Mizkirsty

Gold Member
Hi all!

I was wondering whether you could tell me abit more about the plan I understand it's 3 meal replacement items a day. And the idea is to reach ketosis.

Just wondering how you are all finding it?! What's the cost like per week?! And what your losses are like?!

Ta xx

average cost per week is £42, average losses are around 3.5lbs per week / 1 stone a month - though you'll likely lose more in the first month.

as for how it is... well, on the one hand it's very easy - because you can't cheat, so there's no bending the rules. also, the fast weightloss is very motivating. On the other hand, the first four days or so are an absolute pig. incredibly hard. and thereafter, you do feel deprived and you will feel sad. it's certainly much easier if you can avoid going out for meals, etc. and some people have faced a lot of criticism from ignorant detractors.

on balance though, this is the only diet that has worked for me. And work it has - in under six months i have lost six stone. i haven't cheated or come off once. I'm on a roll, and i wish i'd done this years ago.

I wholeheartedly agreed with everything Spangles has said! You should read her fab diary which has been a massive inspiration to me. I have been on the diet since 6th December and have lost 30lbs at last Tuesdays weigh in and my scales are showing another couple lbs off since then. I love it, it is so very easy and I happily enjoy cooking for the rest of the family - in fact I cook so much more as I am not afraid of what I cook anymore!

My job involves food too and again not even bothered by all the scummy food coming out of my commercial kitchen - whereas previously I would have HAD to tried everything!

I have broken my unhealthy relationship with food (carbs) and once into maintenance and beyond will go back to my very low carb way of eating, which is how I maintained 9st 2 for many years...until having my last 2 babies at 40 and then 41 and having huge carb cravings!

I am so in love with this diet and taking away the choice and decisions that traditional diets give you - the only reason I am looking forward to real food again is so I can start running again! Food = Fuel..that is my mantra now!

Good luck with CD if you chose it, I cannot recommend it highly enough xxx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Back